Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a question.

This may sound weird, but I have noticed that one of my exhaust pipes at the very end-the baffle outlet- is warmer than the other. It seems that the on on the left side is warmer than on the right by a rather noticeable margin. The bike seems to run fine regardless, its just strange.

Also, I have my speculations...but I'm still totally new to this bike- i notice that there is a little bit of condensation that exits as a fine mist on the left pipe, but not the right. It only has about a 2 inch duration length and is gone-again, its very fine. I don't notice the bike running strange, and when its hot i don't notice the condensation at either exit. Its only when its cold that it does this. The condensation really doesn't perplex me so much as the fact that it is not apparent at both exits simultaneously. Also, the coolant level seems to stay the same. The ambient temperature doesn't matter either, this condition exist at 60F as well as 85F. Any input would be appreciated

I am aware that I may just be freaking out for no good reason. :(

Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far in this forum, i greatly appreciate it and hope to someday return the favors and contribute whatever i can to help everyone else. I'm still learning about these Ducs. Take care all. :abduct:

·
Registered
263 Posts
The vertical cylinder will heat up quicker and generally run a bit hotter than the horizontal cylinder since it is less exposed to the air hence the exhaust gas will be warmer initially.

Condensation will differ since they pipes are shaped differently and it's probably just evaporating in a different place on one side versus the other. Once the bike warms up a bit (just like a car) any water vapor from the exhaust will disappear.

I seriously doubt you have anything to be concerned over.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts