Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was having a late lunch at The Oinkster in Eagle Rock, CA. In walks a somewhat familiar young couple. At least the guy looked more than somewhat familiar. His HAT looked really familiar.
As I was finishing my awesome chicken, rice and beans plate, it hit me that I'd seen this individual's mug many times on ducati.ms. Couldn't place his name or handle, tho.
So of course, I had to walk up to these total strangers to ask if he indeed did post to this site. I mean, to have a total stranger approach and ask: "Excuse me, don't you..."
Um....
Turned out to be Justin, aka LA Duc, and his wonderful wife.
He was familiar with me as well thru some of the images I've posted. Yes, a small world.
We all chatted for just a short bit and I was on my way.
This short, sweet and humorous meeting really made my day; nice to meet a fellow ducati-ite, even more so right out of the blue! This world ain't so bad after all.

Justin, was very nice meeting you and your wife and I'm thinking that we'll be doing those rides more sooner than later. Will also be tossing my riding buddies Artisto and Malamute into the mix as well.

And by the way, The Oinkster, Eagle Rock CA, Zagat rated, RAWKZ!!!!!!!!!!

Charles

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Was cool to see meet you as well. The Oinkster is one of my favorite weekend, Pasadena adjacent, lunch spots. You can't really go wrong with anything (funny thing is I have really tried...and really...its ALL good). Good to meet another rider with excellent taste in food and motorcycles. :)

I dig the forum, but for me it has been a great tool to meet cool folks that share the same interest. As some would think oddly, I've made some pretty good friends via this forum Dietrich, DGJ etc.. Even more bizarre to me is that most of these people meet me with my wife, somehow, with no bike around. Strange.

Interesting expression of biker culture the web...eh!? :cool:

Lets use this thread as a springboard to plan a ride next weekend. Anyone in L.A. down to run the Crest to Wrightwood and back? :yeah:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey, I was at the Oinkster for lunch yesterday! One of the best burgers around - not to mention their Belgian fries with garlic sauce.
I was mentioning to some of the guys yesterday that Wrightwood is in my plans for next weekend if I don't go to Palm Springs. So I'd tentatively be in for that.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Lets use this thread as a springboard to plan a ride next weekend. Anyone in L.A. down to run the Crest to Wrightwood and back? :yeah:
Great story.... I met SHIDINGER at PI on Saturday and we'll loop him in the rides as well.

Justin: next weekend (I mean this coming weekend) is our ride to Big Sur.. :D

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
i'm in guys. lemme know when you're headed out. look forward to meeting everyone.
only if you promise to wear a proper helmet... :D nice avatar, though.

hehe...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Guys I completely forgot that this coming weekend I am riding to Big Sur with DGJ and another buddy. Arrrg. So I'l have to make take a raincheck on my own plan...lol.

I think we should post up in another thread for a L.A. or So-Cal SC ride/meetup. There seems to be more than a few new SC's out there...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Justin:
The 'Wride to Wrightwood' sounds amazing.
Can't do it this weekend, or at least can't commit due to an extremely sideways schedule nowadays.
Is also the curse of the freelance photo person; can be difficult to make plans even 3 to 4 days in the future.
Excuses, excuses.
Any of the other 'regulars' weighed in yet and are they camera shy?
Talkatcha.

C.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Guys, when you ride with SeriousJimmy, know that he always takes amazing photos of the ride and of your bikes. I would be up for a ride the weekend of the 27th. Come on SJ you know you want it. :D

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I'm dropping the bike at PI for the valve guide Job on the 23rd, and I seriously doubt it will be done in 3 days, so count me out of that one but as soon as I'm back on the road I'll come party with everyone.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys, when you ride with SeriousJimmy, know that he always takes amazing photos of the ride and of your bikes. I would be up for a ride the weekend of the 27th. Come on SJ you know you want it. :D
This guy is Way Too Kind. Pictures are PHUN.
Justin tells me that none of the regulars are camera shy...

DGJ, hoping to get the scoop from you concerning your upcoming 'valve' job.
Expecting my 15,000 mi svc to happen by end of summer. The GT runs VERY WELL but still halfway expecting to hear the funky news. Are you getting aftermarket guides or staying stock?

At some point, too, this group could do an early-ish morn run somewhere or another and then have a SPLENDID LUNCH at...THE OINKSTER!

C.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
DGJ, hoping to get the scoop from you concerning your upcoming 'valve' job.
Expecting my 15,000 mi svc to happen by end of summer. The GT runs VERY WELL but still halfway expecting to hear the funky news. Are you getting aftermarket guides or staying stock?

C.
I'm waiting for GTRossi to give me the name (on the other thread) and I'll inquire with PI on Tuesday when I drop it off to see if they can slide those in instead of another set of stock guides.

Honestly, unless someone pointed something out to me at the service I would have had no idea from the way the bike runs. The guides are not completely shot, but I was told they are on their way out, so I'm lucky it has been caught early. They told me I could still ride the crap out of it, though, and I'm about to put 600m this weekend going to Big Sur with Justin and Laurent. So I'm not worried. the bike is purring like a kitten (well except for the erratic speedo but that's another story...).

looking forward to meeting you guys and grow our little LA SC gang...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
thanks guys.

it's last minute, but if someone wants to join...

hopefully the fog won't show up like last time... :(

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm waiting for GTRossi to give me the name (on the other thread) and I'll inquire with PI on Tuesday when I drop it off to see if they can slide those in instead of another set of stock guides.

Honestly, unless someone pointed something out to me at the service I would have had no idea from the way the bike runs. The guides are not completely shot, but I was told they are on their way out, so I'm lucky it has been caught early. They told me I could still ride the crap out of it, though, and I'm about to put 600m this weekend going to Big Sur with Justin and Laurent. So I'm not worried. the bike is purring like a kitten (well except for the erratic speedo but that's another story...).

looking forward to meeting you guys and grow our little LA SC gang...
DGJ:
Seems I've heard that a aftermarket guides are recommended for longevity purposes and not covered under warranty(though I believe all labor is). Can't remember the cost of said parts but didn't seem like a lot and the word was that you'll never have a valve guide issue again. Would work for me as I'm not planning on parting with the GT any time soon.
Let us know...

C.

·
Registered
555 Posts
ah, man,...... I remember riding those roads way back in 1985 on a GPz750. Very cool. Bet there's more cops on them these days....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts