Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! i have a DVT multistrada 2017 and not long ago im watching that the front brake fluid deposit vibrates a lot when going about 120-140 kms/h. The clutch deposit barely moves but this, is insane the vibrations..

What can be??

Thanks

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
Every engine has a rev range where it vibrates more than normal. Every engine has a rev range where it is happy and smooth. You need to select a gear where your rpm’s are in the happy engine range for the speed you are going. You do not have to ride in high gear when it results in excessive vibration. Either select another gear, or install a sprocket that results in your engine being in the smoothest rpm range for the type of riding you do.

Reactions: Wolverine1

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every engine has a rev range where it vibrates more than normal. Every engine has a rev range where it is happy and smooth. You need to select a gear where your rpm’s are in the happy engine range for the speed you are going. You do not have to ride in high gear when it results in excessive vibration. Either select another gear, or install a sprocket that results in your engine being in the smoothest rpm range for the type of riding you do.
It is not a question of rpm. It is a question of speed. The other deposit does not vibrate at all. And time ago didn't do that.
I don't know if it is a problem of screws or the joint. But it is not normal how does it vibrate. If I could post a video but it is a bit dangerous to do that haha hahaha

·
Registered
896 Posts
Here, do you want to borrow my new Go Pro.

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Just a point of clarity for future googling of the topic...

While concerns about pad deposition and deposits on the front rotors are a frequent discussion on this site, with vibration being one of the symptoms, that’s not what we’re talking about here.

The issue OP is having is with the front brake reservoir vibrating, while the clutch fluid reservoir does not And for that issue, I’d look at where and how the two reservoirs are mounted, if both had rubber dampers, if the hardware is tight. I can’t compare on my bike has I’ve replaced both clutch and brake levers and cylinders with Brembo RCS models, so my mounting isn’t the same.

Assuming everything’s tight, I wouldn’t worry about it. The brake fluid doesn’t care if it’s been vibrated. At most, I might play with sticking a couple of wheel weights on the reservoir to maybe change the resonant frequency and see if that helps.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That whole hand guard piece is a needlessly complicated design , ridiculous reservoir mounting tabs, stuff mounted and routed awkwardly. I can make no sense of the design. My res vibrates like that but only as I pass through certain rev ranges

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
If it vibrates too much the bracket will eventually fatigue and crack/ break so if it is worrisome now I’d try bracing it or reinforcing it in some way before you end up having to buy a new bracket. Besides, it could potentially aerate the fluid. As a cheap fix ,you might think about some silicone sealer built up where it can’t be easily seen , or stick on wheel weights. Are you sure it’s not a certain rpm band making it vibrate ? As my doctor tells me “ If it hurts when you do that, then don’t do that “ if it’s rpm, you can regear to get past that rpm. If it’s speed, go a little slower or a little faster. I had a motor home that vibrated at 45 mph, or from 43 to 48 mph. Do you think I could get my wife to drive 42 or 49 mph ? No way in hell. 45 was the speed limit. Therefore I spent thousands trying to get the motor home to not vibrate at 45 mph. Sometimes there is an easy fix, if you’re willing to take it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts