Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right it arrived today, thanks Guido but the nice [email protected] at HM Customs charged me another £69 to have the package. [email protected]

Anyway i digress

I have done pics of the strip & rebuild.

1. Remove springs/collets
2. Remove plates & put them in order of removal
3. Use clutch tool to hold drum whilst removing center nut
4. Undo 8 13mm bolts holding drum on.
5. Remove drum & center spacer but remember to save the o ring
6. Fit new drum with threadloc
7. Insert new spacer with saved o ring
8. Insert drum & torque to 200nm
9. Insert new rings in order they arrived
10. Insert spindle into new pressure plate & fit
11. Refit collets & springs.
12. Recheck everything & goe for a run

As you can see it now transforms the look of the bike . Just had a run down the street & all appears well. Still saved a packet getting it from Guido than buying over here. After having one on my 999 for 2 years i had to have one as its a different animal with this fitted.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Never had slipper clutch. Does it mean you don't have to blip the throttle anymore when down shifting?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never had slipper clutch. Does it mean you don't have to blip the throttle anymore when down shifting?

Yes mate , thats correct. In fact it does,nt matter what gear you slam it down to . It sorts it all out for you

·
Registered
90 Posts
That sounds like a good thing to have! :) I think that will be the next mod after the termis...err, when the bike gets released here anyway. :(

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
a) how much!
b) if i am not wrong with the slipper clutch the back wheel doesnt "brake" and doesnt "spin" when downshifting?? hope you understand what i am talking about cause i cant exactly describe it :p

·
Registered
86 Posts
a) how much!
b) if i am not wrong with the slipper clutch the back wheel doesnt "brake" and doesnt "spin" when downshifting?? hope you understand what i am talking about cause i cant exactly describe it :p
Yep how much, and you are pretty much right and it helps in corners too.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I,m going to take off the one on my 999 before i sell it. its only done 2000 miles...

Crimson red Plate...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
evr clutch

how much will you give it mate?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts