Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, have a new 2012 Hyper 1100 EVO SP. Had an EVR slipper put on at the shop. Worked fine on the ride home and the next few days. Left at 6:00 this morning for a ride. Took off through the canyon, everything seemed fine. Next thing I know the slipper clutch is slipping (funny) on acceleration.

Took it apart for an inspection, didn;t see anything obvious but I'm not a big clutch guy.

Any help appreciated.:mad::mad:

·
Old Fast Guy
495 Posts
Sounds like they set the stack height too short, or just slapped the clutch in and sent you out the door. Take it back for the goons to fix it.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Slipper clutches are "picky" when it comes to the stack height, I'm not sure about the EVR clutch, but most slippers run a stack height of 36.6mm.
See what EVR says, and go from there.
Also make sure the springs are within spec too.
Aloha Alex

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
If the clutch is still apart take some pictures and post them up. We might see something. What is the mechanism of action for the EVR? Ball and ramp, cam, something else? Could be that it wasn't quite in spec when installed and thus the rapid deterioration with use. Call the folks that put it in so you can at least see about warranty before you go too far.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Bad

Turns out it was my bad. I took it home on Monday and rode it, worked fine. Put some new levers on Tuesday. Install went fine, I didn't dee any problem. Turns out I had mis-adjusted the clutch lever, partially engaging the clutch. Once I started putting it to work, it showed up as slippage. I am an idiot.

Thanks guys for your quick response. My first thread, I will do my best to contribute where I can.

·
Old Fast Guy
495 Posts
....Put some new levers on Tuesday. Install went fine, I didn't dee any problem. Turns out I had mis-adjusted the clutch lever......

Ahhhh, just a small detail left out of the original scenario. This ^^^^ is a COMMON problem when new levers are installed by owners. CRG seems to present the most issues...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts