Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the EVR slipper clutch installed in their SF848? I'd like to hear your feedback on this upgrade and if you have any other recommendations. Would like to hear experiences from SF/Superbike 848 owners...

The price is right and I'd like to get one before the start of track day season in the Spring. :)

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I have a similar EVR slipper on my 1199S. I don't even know it is there--except I'm not losing traction on abrupt downshifts. Nice when the corner entry is a little moist or downhill...

-M

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a similar EVR slipper on my 1199S. I don't even know it is there--except I'm not losing traction on abrupt downshifts. Nice when the corner entry is a little moist or downhill...

-M
Thanks, Martin. My previous bikes had slipper clutches... I really took advantage and liked them. I was surprised the SF has TC but no slipper. I need the slipper clutch for precisely the reasons you stated.

I'll get get the EVR slipper in time for my next oil change.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Might want to check with Yoyodyne, seems like on the 899/1299 forums everyone seems to like that one much better. Could not tell you the differences myself...

--Randy

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I have the Ducati Performance dry clutch on my SF848 which was fitted by the owner before I owned the bike. I believe it is produced by EVR. I've attached a photo.

It works well for me. Never noticed any hopping on downshifts. Never been a big fan of the dry clutch sound, but it is very Ducati and I've become accustomed to the sound.

The total cost was $1900 with the clutch and miscellaneous parts at $1567 and the rest labor. It required the cases to be split so was about a 3 1/2 hour job accomplished at Seacoast Sport Cycle in New Hampshire.

The bike now lives with me in Anchorage, Alaska.

Good luck with your project.

Does anyone have the EVR slipper clutch installed in their SF848? I'd like to hear your feedback on this upgrade and if you have any other recommendations. Would like to hear experiences from SF/Superbike 848 owners...

The price is right and I'd like to get one before the start of track day season in the Spring. :)

Yoyodyne or DP = TSS

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts