Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

My 2009 SF S required a clutch plate set and basket replacement due to wear tear. I went ahead and bought the EVR R212 clutch plate/basket set and the Progressive Engagement Clutch Pres. Plate. I did this thinking an all EVR product set-up might do a better a job then otherwise. But boy was I wrong. My set-up is slipping massively.

Stack Height (for use with the EVR Prog. Engmnt Clutch Pressure Plate) = 38.5mm...and this is according to Mota-Lab (US EVR distributor)

I got the stack height at 38.62mm..I really don't think the 0.12mm matters. There was still massive slipping. I got rid of the concave plates, one at a time...still slipping.

Have anyone of you have a similar set-up? Did you have similar issues? I'm thinking of going with my Ducati Performance clutch pressure plate (which means increasing stack height to 40.5 mm according to Mota-labs)...any other suggestions?

I have completely troubleshot the clutch lever, hydraulic actuation system etc to death...so no issues there at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe you are right. My stack height is at 40.24mm and its still slipping. Will try to shift that stack height closer to 41mm and see what happens. Going to check the spring height as well.

·
Temporary greeter
23,095 Posts
Be careful and make sure that you have a basket that will accept that stack height. When I tried to put the taller stack in the shorter basket, when I pulled the clutch lever in, the end plate came out of the basket and spun at he end of the fingers. Then it wedged itself on the outside of the basket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts