Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried those EVR sets with 48tooth ? They should last longer and be quieter. The price difference between OEM plates and EVR kit is pretty minimal so buying whole kit would be reasonable.

EVR height is 39mm for Hypermotard and 40.5mm for Hypermotard EVO. I didn`t know there is difference in clutch height between two "models" (?) Otherwis the service manual claims;

Overall thickness of the set of clutch plates should not be less than 46.1 mm
Bit confusing, but obviously construction is different in stock vs EVR,

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have a kbike slipper system on my hyper. I will be switching to the 48 tooth when this basket wears out. Supposed to have a bunch of benefits. Keep an eye on how much the pushrod sticker out the left side once you you get it together. You might need the ball bearing/spacer inside the slave cylinder.
I have seen some people go with less plates and stiffer springs to reduce weight but that was track use. I was told by many respected people in the industry that EVR is THE best clutch.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a kbike slipper system on my hyper. I will be switching to the 48 tooth when this basket wears out. Supposed to have a bunch of benefits. Keep an eye on how much the pushrod sticker out the left side once you you get it together. You might need the ball bearing/spacer inside the slave cylinder.
I have seen some people go with less plates and stiffer springs to reduce weight but that was track use. I was told by many respected people in the industry that EVR is THE best clutch.
I thought EVR 48T would be plug&play system. Is the spacer custom made or can it be ordered from somewhere (if needed) ?

Still don`t know is the right EVR 39mm or 40.5mm because for my knowledge both bikes (Evo/no-Evo) have the same clutch ?

·
Registered
2011 1100 EVO
63 Posts
Hi VKlnuppi,

I've had the EVR 48T for About 37,000km on my 1100EVO, couldn't be happier with it
They start out very quiet but get noisier with age.
Got the barsket and plates from Bellissimo in the States and bolted straight on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi VKlnuppi,

I've had the EVR 48T for About 37,000km on my 1100EVO, couldn't be happier with it
They start out very quiet but get noisier with age.
Got the barsket and plates from Bellissimo in the States and bolted straight on.
Thanks. i think I`ll just ask EVR which one is right for non-Evo hyper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts