Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the frame sliders prevent mirror damage if the bike falls over?
I accidentally dropped the bike thinking the side stand was down and broke my left mirror, really weak mirrors.
Thinking of getting sliders

·
Registered
359 Posts
I accidentally dropped the bike thinking the side stand was down and broke my left mirror, really weak mirrors.
Been there ...it will never happen again...luckily was indoors working on it but still marred the fender

I'm against sliders in general...but I'm pro insurance...for the cost of the sliders you could lower your deductible...you could increase your medical coverage...take lessons...track time...etc...the first scratches are the hardest...the rest is just patina...scratches are stories...unless your stunting...then sliders are more of a tool...lol

It's best to just lay it down as soft as possible...had a wasp fly up my sleeve at speed...ran wide into a ditch...you do your best...

·
Registered
82 Posts
They should do that, but luckily I can`t confirm that they work in practise :) I believe they mostly prevent damage to frame, engine and wheels. Fairing will probably take still scrathes but they are cheaper&easier to fix. IMHO the most important thing in them is that they prevent you to get dragged under the bike/smaller change for leg injuries, if you fall with speed. That`s why I decided to buy sliders (I have full insurance).

I ordered full set of Evotech sliders but haven`t installed them yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For me sliders are a must have, fork protectors as well. There's quite a few option out there, some more "functional" then others. The Evo Tech's will certainly help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts