Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried this tail tidy unit from Evotech with integrated LED taillight?

Looks very nice in my opinion!

Evotech s.r.l.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Never used it, but looks great, much smaller than stock. And it uses the factory harness plug it looks like so easy install. I say do it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally came around and installed this tail tidy from Evotech. For a while I was uncertain if I should go this way or make a LED-strip arrangement from Radiantz or similar, but chose this since it is CE-approved and street legal.

The turn signals are also Evotech, and I ordered the 6-pin Deutsch connector that corresponds to the stock connector under the exhaust, so the stock harness is still complete and untouched.

The Evotech tail tidy is a bit pricey, but very high quality! With turn signals and number plate light I paid about 250 Euro (325$).

Here are some pictures, taken by mobile phone so not very good I'm afraid.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow, looks amazing! I'm still looking for an alternative set-up, because the stock light is very poor in rainy or misty weather conditions. How is the visibility of the rearlight?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks...........Tidy....?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The visibility is very good. I will try and take my good camera and post some pictures with the lights turned on this weekend.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are pictures of running light and brake light. The camera is better, but I'm sorry to say that the man behind the camera didn't have the skills to capture the real quality of the light ;-)

Running light

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures! I'm seriously considering buying one right now!

Where did you get the 6 pin connector? Does it come standard with the tail tidy, or do you have to order it seperately? Or did you order it somewhere else?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The connector is not included, so I ordered it separately via Ebay. I think it is available from several distributors, mine came from UK.
The type of connector is named Deutsch DP4 6-pin.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Definitely nice looking, especially compared to the stock unit. Thanks for sharing the info and pictures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts