Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking about purchasing and installing the evoluzione low temp fan switch kit. this kit is supposed to turn the cooling fans on sooner to keep the engine temp down. does anyone have experience with this? curious if it's worth the $50.

thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I spliced in to the temp switch and added a toggle in parallel mounted to my clutch reservoir bracket. I just turn it on. Works great ehre in Texas. I can get up pictures if you're interested. Cost less than $5 for the whole thing.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the responses. i have heard some good feedback on the evoluzione fan kit. i think i am going to get it although i was hoping that somebody would respond that has purchased the kit and could tell me if they noticed a difference in operating temperature, how much of a difference and how difficult it was to install.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I actually found the idea on this site I think... Anyway I bought a small toggle switch at radio shack and soldered about 2 feet of 18 ga. wires to each terminal. Make sure the switch is a simple spst on off two terminal switch rated at least 10 amps. They only have one that is perfect but I don't know the p/n. Simply locate the temperature switch and splice a wire into each lead about an inch back from connector. Electrical tape the connections. Snake the wires and wire tie along the way to the clutch reservoir. The toggle switch threaded barrel fits perfectly in one of the holes in the clutch reservoir bracket - slip it in and lock the lock nut. I will try to embed a picture for you. Seems to drop teh operating temp 10-15 degrees. I think next time I may just wire throw the side stand switch so it's on wheneber the stand is up.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mark, I live in STL too. On very hot days my temp gauge would peg in traffic. With the evoluzione low temp fan switch, it will get close to max. but the fans will bring it down sooner, but will still stay 3/4 on the right side of the gauge. I've noticed that 10 degrees outside temp. will make a big differance in the operating temp of the bike. On a 70 degree day the normal temp will be below 180, on a 90 degree day it will be over 200.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts