Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed this on my 998 last night, pretty easy install. Heres my question .... before this install, the left fan would come on before the right fan. After the install, both fans come on at the same time right around 210 degrees. Is this the way it supposed to be? I was expecting the fans to come on separately and a little sooner than 210 deg. Anyone chime in on this? thx
Bill

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Don't need it to come on any cooler. Motors are made to run efficiently over 200. No idea about the sequence of turning on. Don't know why it would make a difference. Have you called Evoluzione?

·
Registered
382 Posts
With the Evoluzione low temp switch, the fans should come at /slightly above 180 - the whole point of the low temp fan switch. Its the stock system that turns the fans on at 210. Defintely give Evoluzione a call and describe your problem. Again if its working the fans should come on well before 210 (I thinks its programmed to 185), thats the main purpose of the system.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just got off the phone with them (mfg), sounds like its working properly. Cant wait to go test this beast out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Temp

My buddy's 998 runs significantly hotter than my 996. After some initial concern and talking to multiple experienced shops/teams at the track, realized the 998s just operate hotter than the earlier bikes. However, the Evo fan switch definitely gives peace of mind when getting into traffic, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts