Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my ECU reflashed and built a custom exhaust for my EVO 1100. Ran better than it ever has for about 300 miles. I was on a ride this weekend and pulled in to get gas. After I started it up it would not idle below 2,200 rpm. Sometimes it would idle at 3,000 rpm. On a cold start it would start at 2,200 and go down to normal idle after about 20 seconds. But, as soon as you blip the throttle it goes to 2,200.
While looking for vacuum leaks today I decided to disconnect the stepper motor to see what happens. Now it idles at 4,000 rpm:)
So if I disconnect the hose from the airbox to the stepper motor and plug it off just the right amount it idles normal. The stepper is obviously stuck wide open. I don't know if it is being told to run wide open or if it is stuck.
My question is, has anyone ever eliminated the stepper motor and adjusted the idle with the air bleed screws?

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I'm not a Monster owner but I have an understanding of how the stepper motor works as well as the air bleeds. I've adjusted the air bleed screws on my SFS to fine tune the idle and the first small throttle opening just off idle. I don't think that the air bleed screws will have enough adjustment in them to fix your problem if your stepper motor is acting up. I think you're going to have to fix whatever is causing the high idle.

I've seen the titanium frames and exhausts that you've been building. They're very nice. Great work and craftsmanship.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The EVO is fixed. I fogged the stepper motor with seafoam, and then the next day took it to the Ducati shop. The mechanic fogged the stepper motor with seafoam and was able to manipulate the stepper via his software. Finally came unstuck. So for now it is good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The EVO is fixed. I fogged the stepper motor with seafoam, and then the next day took it to the Ducati shop. The mechanic fogged the stepper motor with seafoam and was able to manipulate the stepper via his software. Finally came unstuck. So for now it is good.
I think I’m having the same problems with my 2010 SF 1098. I was wondering what you meant by “fogged the stepper motor” and by seafoam, you mean the injector cleaner liquid ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts