Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone am thinking of buying a monster evo 2011 reg.The one i am looking at in the uk has 6200 miles on the clock so i guess you could say it is high mileage or it would be if you were trading it in!My question is, it was described as pristine but on closer inspection it appears to have been ridden through winter and some fasteners have seen better days also the oil filter has a huge patch of rust on it dont get me wrong it is in good condition but your thoughts would be most welcome.
Thank you

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would think that you could get the fasteners replaced under warranty, maybe filter as well? I bought my Evo last July and have 5k miles so far, so I wouldnt say it's high mileage. Although 1st valve check will be coming up soon,how are tires?...so maybe work that into the cost.

·
Registered
51 Posts
that is not high mileage. they don't make the bikes to fall apart at 10K. i'd say 20K might be high for that year. follow the maintenance, polish some of the metal bits, make sure you have new good oil and filter, bleed the brakes, adjust and clean the chain, adjust the suspension, put some fresh good quality tires on and ride it! i'm so tired of ducatisti beeing snobish and keeping their bikes in their living rooms. ride them! take them to the track and bounce them off the rev limiter - that's what they're built for.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
that is not high mileage. they don't make the bikes to fall apart at 10K. i'd say 20K might be high for that year. follow the maintenance, polish some of the metal bits, make sure you have new good oil and filter, bleed the brakes, adjust and clean the chain, adjust the suspension, put some fresh good quality tires on and ride it! i'm so tired of ducatisti beeing snobish and keeping their bikes in their living rooms. ride them! take them to the track and bounce them off the rev limiter - that's what they're built for.
:yeah: I've owned mine for exactly 1 year this weekend and I'm coming up on the first major service (7,500 miles, scheduled for next weekend). I've bounced it off the rev limiter a number of times and it's all good.

My bike has seen very little moisture here in SoCal so no rusty bits but it has been ridden. I love flogging it through the canyons here. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts