Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how everyone in the NE US and New England are doing. The worst of Hurricane Sandy has passed us in SE Connecticut. We are fortunate enough to have power at our house. Still have concerns about flooding in the area, but otherwise things are not too bad here.
How's everyone else doing?

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Lucky to be inland NJ, near Trenton. Not a lot of ràin. But the wind is making it quite the night.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Over here in Australia we cop some pretty hairy storms-cyclones we call them-but never in my life have I seen an image as that of the storm you Americans have got over there at the moment
I am sure I am not alone in my thoughts when I wish you all the best
They are saying on the news there is approx. 10 million without power at this time
Good luck people-sorry I can do no more than that

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Lost a couple big tree's but they only took out a fence. Got a lot of brush and wood to clean up.

·
Master of Bumnitude
5,133 Posts
The monadnocks were off the direct path of the storm, but the bloody thing was so big that hardly made much of of a difference.

My wife Jan and I spent Sunday preparing. Moving or tying down anything that could become a projectile and preparing for the likely loss of power by putting the necessities in an ice chest so we'd not need to open the fridge.

Lost power at about 6pm and spent the night listening to what sounded like passing freight trains. To our amazement the power came on at 5:30 this morning and there was no significant damage on the property. I'd hate to have faced such a storm even a few months ago with towering pines hovering over the house and cottages. Those were largely harvested and the stumps removed so we had far less to fear.

It was the coastal regions that got trampled. My niece just moved to coastal CT about a month ago from CO. She and her fiance had to evacuate their new home overlooking their town's small harbor. I have not yet heard how it fared.

Hope all the D.ms friends are well.

-don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts