Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean a late model, 2004, blue from the factory?? I'm in Kuwait right now and I walked outside the hotel and right outside the front door is a 2004 1000SS in BLUE. It's the exact same blue as on the S4 Monster. I start looking closer at it and everything is perfect. The 1000 label on the side, the SuperSport i.e. on the tail, everything. There's not a single hint that this bike's been repainted. But if it has, someone did a fabulous job making it look factory. Struck me as kinda funny though as there were no other mods AT ALL on this bike. So, why would someone not interested in any mods at all go to the extreme to repaint this thing and make it look that good? Wonder if the factory pumped some out in Europe this color?? Anyways, thought I would share and if I see it again I'll snap some pics. No, I could not find the owner to talk to him.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Could be a re-paint ofcourse, but I´ve never seen one.

This is the closest I´ve seen. Chameleon paintjob

·
Administrator
6,191 Posts
It is a repaint.

While it may look perfect I can tell you that it is a repaint.

And there is one blue one here in Dallas.

I know.

I painted it for Shibbydevil. He has pics in the gallery.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Never seen one, but would like to. I'd prefer to have mine painted blue, think it would look great with the white frame. I'm just not a big fan of Red or even Yellow, but that's the way these things come.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have a blue one

I have a 2005 supersport in metallic blue with the white stripe and its an original from ducati not a repaint. i bought for the colour. its the same paint scheme from the monster. but it says sliver on the ducati docs.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Daren said:
I have a 2005 supersport in metallic blue with the white stripe and its an original from ducati not a repaint. i bought for the colour. its the same paint scheme from the monster. but it says sliver on the ducati docs.
Pictures please!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Blue, yes I'll take mine in blue too! Soooooooo cool. ;)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
See...it must be a European thing then!! I knew that bike I saw just did not look like it was repainted.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Boo On Blue Ducs

Rainman said:
While it may look perfect I can tell you that it is a repaint.

And there is one blue one here in Dallas.

I know.

I painted it for Shibbydevil. He has pics in the gallery.
What's all this BLUE Ducati talk?:mad:

Yellow Ducs are bad enough, now blue?

You all are a bunch of heathens.

Your Duc should be repossessed and your Duc-MS membership REVOKED.

And Rainman painting Ducs BLUE?

Man... that's as bad as dealing.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yellow (which is faster) and Red. There are no other colours for a Ducati. Sometimes, through a trick of the light, you MIGHT see one that APPEARS blue, but it's not, it's just red with a lot of Cyan in it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
the Blucati

Gentlemen and ladies (if any are present)
I know this bike. It was a custom paint job by the paint shop of Tri-Star motorcycles in Kuwait. My friend and former co-worker had them do it. His favorite part (and the most often-complimented part) was the detail. He scrutinized the job on every sticker, and had the passenger hand-rail painted white to "jump out at you" when you looked at it. He sold it back to Tri-Star when he was moving back to the US.
I don't know the current owner, but Chris moved back to Tampa, FL from Kuwait...He bought a Ducati 749 and had it painted...blue.
Whether or not you think Ducs should be blue or not, the work done by the guys at the garage was phenomenal. They had the decals custom-made, then put on a clear coat after affixing them to the bike.
I am sure Chris would get a big kick out of the stir his former bike is causing.
Brandon

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Jeez, what wrong with blue? I think Roto is jealous. Mine's blue on white, diresct from the factory. Actually, those are two of my three favorite colors .....

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Here in OZ a local dealer tried to increase sales by making up some retro 900 SS Half Fairings... He had one painted in GT orange complete with retro stickers and one in the Shotgun Silver flake.

Now THOSE retro's looked great to me.. I am not a fan of the current series. I wish I had pics to post..
Mal

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
YEP!!! White grab handle...that's the one I saw when I started this thread. I can confirm Brandon's comments...that paint job was phenominal. I would have bet $1,000 when I saw it that it was a factory paint job. That's great you can actually get that kind of quality in Kuwait. How is service and things of that nature over there? Will you be able to get the bike tuned properly if you get your exhaust?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Daren said:
Attached pictures of a factor Ducati ss in blue or red with alot of cyan
regards
Daren
That's not a Ducati, it's that new bike made in the Philippines. U.S. officials would not let them import it here, but I hear it is a big seller in China and North Korea.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kuwait service and whatnot

The service quality is great. They will come and pick up your bike in "the crash van" and DELIVER it when it's finished. The only small hiccup in the system is there tends to be a minor language barrier and the working times in Middle Eastern countries are a bit strange.
I am not sure about a Dyno tuning facility, but I am not really worried about it, I am fairly positive there's one here.
Prices on goods are a bit expensive, as EVERYTHING must be imported...so that's why I shop predominantly online.
Hope your questions are answered, and I emailed Chris and told him to see what a stir his former bike is causing...he'll enjoy that.

·
Registered
319 Posts
brandonk1578 said:
The service quality is great. They will come and pick up your bike in "the crash van" and DELIVER it when it's finished. The only small hiccup in the system is there tends to be a minor language barrier and the working times in Middle Eastern countries are a bit strange.
I am not sure about a Dyno tuning facility, but I am not really worried about it, I am fairly positive there's one here.
Funny reading that, because Tristar's other Duc dealership is in Dubai - a place I left a year ago to return to Oz. Tristar in Dubai sux big time. For eg.: bought a 749 off a mate who had it from new. I *knew* the oil coolers on these were replaced under warranty (it was the KTM type). But it took a letter direct to Bologna from me to get Floyd to fix it. There are hundreds more examples but anyway... They actually had a Dyno installed, but most of the time it wasn't available / working / used...

Glad it's a different story in Kuwait.

The guys in Bahrain (they have the Kwak dealership as well, but forget the name) are terrific in terms of customer service, if ever you're stuck.

***Blu-eh*** (second part)

That's where I saw a red-with-a-lot-of-cyan bike before, in Manila! Of course!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts