Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is what I have found on this subject and it sounds easy enough but I do have a few ?'s before I do it???
Will removing the canister effect the engine TPS, idle,throttle body sync or anything like that? Where did you route the fuel over flow hose? it seems a bit short, I would like to get it below the engine...
What did you use to secure the vacuum caps?? Besides it making the bike look better is there any other positives ? And are there any negatives to taking it off??
There are several posts posts on this and they are a little over stated and make it sound harder then it is:

Go to the auto parts store and buy (2) 1/8" vacuum caps.

Look at the top of the canister and remove the largest hose attached to the 90 degree fitting by removing the sharp hose clip (yes I cut my self) this is the fuel overflow tube.

Now follow the small tube on the top, it goes into a tee. Follow each end of the tee'd hose to the metal nipples at each cylinder. Remove the hoses from these nipples and install the two 1/8" caps to plug them.

Now unclip the canister and discard it and the attached hoses. Then zip tie the fuel overflow hose with the other hoses. Done.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I pulled everything off, replaced the vacuum nipples with short M5 bolts and washers (silicone seal the threads). I extended the fuel vent line a few inches and ran it to the bottom where the oil lines make a turn in the front. No problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts