Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
There might be excess hose making a “P” trap of sorts and holding some fuel. If all hose is running straight downward you must simply be overfilled before parking in the garage? I’ve not removed the charcoal filter from my v4 but I’ve removed It from my other U.S. bikes and changed all hoses back to Europe specification with no issues except some fuel spillage if I fill up before putting the bike away. Charcoal canisters usually just fill up with fuel and need the excess fuel to evaporate out, when they overfill is when the problems occur.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Awesome! If you look up on the Italian parts schematics, you’ll see the drawing and part numbers for those parts if you want it to be factory plus you can see the hose routings in the drawings. With my monster I just went to the local auto parts store and bought what I needed from looking at the Ducati online parts catalogue. With my 1198, I ordered all the correct parts from Ducati online.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts