Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,185 Posts
As we are normally about 150 participants where about 90+ are riders, we usually rent an entire resort on Gotland. You might want to check with any "vandrarhem" or hostells, but be aware that booking right NOW may be too late.

But there will always be room for one more on the floor or whatever. Just as long as you have a sleeping bag you´ll be okey.

//amullo

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks again for the info.

I get back to you if I decide to take part of your Gotland ring - track days.

take care,

sam

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Not exaclty a track day, but......

Had a race here last April.
Unfortunately i crashed the 749R on the 5th lap :stickpoke , but i'm fine (not a single scratch) and the bike didn't suffer any major damage (basicly just scratched racing fairings). :)
Anyway, i had loads of fun :D
Some pics

·
Premium Member
8,689 Posts
That first picture shows a white wall in the distance. Is there enough run off in the event of a low side there? Nice pics BTW.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
That's not a wall John.

It's a gravel trap, so plenty of space to slide in case of a lowside.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Track days in Hungary...

There are 3 tracks worth to mention...
Hungaroring (~10 km northeast from Budapest), for motorcycle track days see
http://www.brorganisation.hu/

Sidenotes:
the national track no1, there are a few curves that have bumps on less used lines.
Plus points:
a great track with fast and slow corners, straights ect., facilities for bikes and pilotes are reasonable, medical cover is ok/fast, easily accessable from the M3 highway.
Downsides:
crowded at times, gravel is currently removed / replaced with tarmac for F1 track complinace.

Euroring (~50 km southeast from Budapest), for motorcycle track days see
http://www.euroring.hu/euroring.php?lang=hu&page=palyabemutato

Sidenotes:
a small, at places narrow and a bit tricky track, supermotos and superbikes are equals here.
Plus points:
cheap to rent / ride, not crowded, even individual rides can be organised - if you are lucky for the same rates as on official bike days, also great for novice practice, easily accessable from the M5 highway.
Downsides:
a bit dusty, and facilities for pilots and bikes are almost non-existent, fast medical cover for crashed is limited.

Pannóniaring (~250 km west from Budapest, near to the Austrian border), for motorcycle track days see
http://www.pannonia-ring.com/index.php

Sidenotes:
worth to mention, that the base of Ducati Hungary - run by Andy Meklau - is located here, with a service shop and store, and dealership, gravel crash zone is maintained.
Plus points:
also a great track, facilities for bikes and pilotes are reasonable, medical cover is ok.
Downsides:
it's maybe a bit far from highways, and also easily becomes crowded because also Austrians come here to ride.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts