Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why don't you guys post some info about the track days you're planning to do, so that maybe some others here could book and join in?

I'm doing one in the 12 of March in Estoril, Portugal and then one in 18-20 of March in Guadix, Spain.

Yeah, it's probably too late to post those, but it's what i got planned for now.

It's your turn guys, post up

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
st2lemans said:
It's just over 3 hours from here (if no traffic), so not far at all. Figure I'd go to the first one, and maybe do some others later if I like it.

Tom
You lucky bastard!!! :D
Let me know how it went when you come back.
Maybe next year i'll do it.

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
I´m going to be doing 12-14 trackdays at varios tracks in Sweden between May 27:th and August 28:th this summer.

Anyone visiting Sweden can check with me about dates.. All Ducatiriders are welcome!

Including "Gotland ring" A world class racetrack that is being built on Gotland Island.

Or as Iancarlo Falappa said (Former WSBK rider for Ducati Corse) "Iiis verrry good Track, but a little bad with paddock not built.. But very much fun to drive, Yes?"

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
Going through Germany is a SNAP!
Just use AUTOZUG (cartrain)

I went from Hamburg down to München and that saved me ~1000Km´s of travel on the Autobahn. Cost is decent to good. It costs about the same as Gas and a night in a hotel (which your going to need if you ride).

But I´ll agree that it´s "abit" far..

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
amullo said:
But I´ll agree that it´s "abit" far..
My Brother-in-law lives in Florence, Italy and many years ago (late '70s) he went touring with a group of friends to Sweden - on a 2-stroke Suzuki GT380, needless to say the Suzuki seized it's motor on the way back and one of his friends 'towed' him most of the way home with his Guzzi 850 Le-Mans, apparently it was a very tedious journey. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
See!!!!!!!! Don´t go to Sweden on a two-stroke! It´ll seize on ya! *lol*

J/K

Have a good week-end all off you!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Yes and from this story we learn that an Italian Bike is not only more reliable than a Japanese Bike, but was also able to save it!

Well either that or never to tour on a 2-stroke.......

·
Chilehead
6,979 Posts
I've got to go to Sweden for work sometime this summer, I think, so maybe I'll make the trip by bike, making use of the car-train as you mentioned. Do you know where I can find info on it?

Tom

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
Bombash said:
That track looks pretty cool, but what's with windmill things all over. That one looks waaaay too close to tramac.
As you can see, the windpowerplant is on the inside of a left hander. And the pic doesn´t really show how far away it is.

But if any of you are coming to Sweden, we have 18 trackdays with the club scheduled, so let me know, I can probably set you up for a track day for less then €50 (if you have your own/borrowed bike).

//amullo

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes is sounds tempting to go to Sweden and test some of the tracks their...especially Gotland Ring!

I was in Stockholm in december (2005) and visited also DucatiStockholm, but to be honest I was a little disappointed, I was probably expecting a bigger showroom...

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
Ducati Stockholm isnt a very big dealer. They have to compete with very big Japanese dealers and Ducati isnt a very big brand in Sweden (thank god, eyy fellas!)

There are afew trackdays in August.

Check out the "Calendario" on www.ducceklubben.org which is the Swedish Ducati Club homepage. Anything with a capital B next to it is a trackday.

But BE WARNED. most trackdays are 360+ kilometres from Stockholm heading inland towards Norway. (Gellerasen and Kinnekulle). Gotland ring would be your best bet, but i dont have the schedule infront of me. for that we do get some finnish riders from Aland/Mariehamn.

//amullo

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, thank you for the information!

I noticed that the Gotland ring track day is in the beginning of july, so it could be a possibility for me to participate.

But I assume that a lot a people is going to attend, so are there any space for a slow rider to ride in the fast group. It kind of funny to name the group that is the slowest on the track to the fast group, I would say that this is a typically swedish thing ;) Yes I noticed that you have divided the groups in a fast group, a faster group and the fastest group (snabb, snabbare, snabbast)...

A another question: do you usually rent hotel rooms or do live in tents or...

sam

1 - 20 of 28 Posts