Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have been willing to get and Euro Switch for my ST 98 for some time now.
But they are pretty expensive, so i was checking ebay , and i bidded and won a lefthand switchgear from a 98 ST in london ( parted out ).

Was wondering if it will be a perfect fit ( like just a swap ) ?
Since my bike is an american model.

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
hey superpimp, I did mine with a switch from England, not problems just a direct
plug and go.

By the way, how do you move the hoes around on a bike? :D

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
What is the Euro switch ?
What do you guys have on the LH bar...Machine Gun ?? ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put them in my trailer behind the ST and ride down the main...:D
Good to know its a direct plug-in ,wasnt sure.Hassle Free nice.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The euro switch is a switch wich permits you to turn off your lights while starting the bike.So the light dont suck up all the juice on the battery while starting.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
The "euro" switch I got for my bike was the RIGHT side, not the left...is the switch for the ST2 different?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the one i got on the net, is from and euro model ST 98 with 25 000km
and its a left version original from factory.

And my 98 ST Us model is also a left side switch...So i guess 98' ths are leftys

·
Registered
725 Posts
My ST4s is on the right, I've heard ST2's on the left.

ST3's are on the ???

·
Registered
466 Posts
Light switch?

I'm missing something, I'm sure, BUT... why does it matter whether a light switch goes on the right side or the left side? :think:

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
99 st4 light switch is on left. which is what I've always had on motorcycles,
i think the switch on the right would confuse me more than I already am.
Just seems to make more sense to have the switch on the left.
You have to twist the throttle and work the switch at the same time sounds like.

Where is the kill switch if the light switch is on the right?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Euro switch...

Dunno about left or right placement. I bought a high-flow fan from DesmoTimes and had a manual switch placed in the instrument surround (just below the instruments, on the horizontal black plastic piece). It's just a metal toggle with a flip-up cover - I switch it on at traffic lights on hot Dallas days. Works very well.

Anyway, since the Euro switch is only used at startup, not "on the road", I wonder if that might be a good place for it?

G.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I bought mine from the owner of a 1098 who had it listed in a 1098 forum.

Motowheels has them listed in their on-line catalogue:

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=139%7CDucati%20Electrical&productID=3544&showDetail=1&categoryID=141|Most%20Late%20Model%20Ducati%20Electrical&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=138%7CElectrical

jD

·
Registered
463 Posts
Howdo!!
I have fitted a UK spec ST3 motor and wiring to my Superlight. I have fitted an Odessey PC310 Battery and while it starts the bike no problem the lights are on all the time. This is the first UK bike I have had with permantly lit head light and tail light. Would fitting a handle bar light cluster from another Duke with the light ON/OFF switch be a straight fit?

Cheers Pablo

·
Registered
344 Posts
I recently bought the left hand K&S switch from CA Cycleworks. It's a good deal at $62 but it does not accept the fast idle lever on my '02 ST4s. The Euro switches shown on the Motowheels site don't show a fast idle lever either. Any ideas?

Jeff in Colorado

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
I recently bought the left hand K&S switch from CA Cycleworks. It's a good deal at $62 but it does not accept the fast idle lever on my '02 ST4s. The Euro switches shown on the Motowheels site don't show a fast idle lever either. Any ideas?

Jeff in Colorado
Jeff, the fast idle was removed on mine when I got it. Honestly, I don't think it's needed unless it's a really cold day then I just sit on the bike and crack the throttle a bit till it's warm. My 2 cents anyway.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts

Jeff in Colorado
Hmmm. That's where I got mine and I have the fast idle. I don't know what's different with the S version.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts