Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone......I'm getting ready to move to Tampa and wanted to see if anyone has been to Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay? If so what did you think of their service dept? I'll be picking up my new 1198s and want to ensure I have a top notch service dept to take it to.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Euro Cycles is a nice store and shop. I live less than 10 minutes from them. I know many people use them since they always have a bunch of bikes sitting outside waiting in queue for service. I have never used them since I do all of the service myself. Like with many shops, people have had occasions to bitch about them.

Many people in Tampa actually trailer their bikes up to Mellimoto in Ocala, less than an hour north of Euro Cycles. Sebastian is a master at Ducatis and have treated many of my friends' bikes meticulously. If I needed a tranny or engine rebuilt and I couldn't do it, Sebastian's the man.

Welcome to Tampa.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
+10000 for Sebastian. Amazing service and knowledge.

haven't heard many good things about Eurocycles.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Can you guys get me a job down there and take me with you???? :)

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Hello everyone......I'm getting ready to move to Tampa and wanted to see if anyone has been to Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay? If so what did you think of their service dept? I'll be picking up my new 1198s and want to ensure I have a top notch service dept to take it to.

Thanks in advance!

You will only go there once then you will need to find some other place to fix what they broke. It's quite a distance farther but well worth the trouble to take your bike to

http://www.melillimoto.com/index.php

·
Registered
619 Posts
I live in Sarasota, which is a little less than an hour south of Tampa. When I was buying my 1098, I was talking mostly to the dealer in Ft Myers (about an hour south of me).

Of course, when I got close to actually making a deal, I called around to other dealers in FL to see what they had in stock, etc. I gotta say, I got a little pissed at the Tampa dealer. I'm telling the guy on the phone that I'm buying within the week, and he wouldn't even give me the time of day to tell me what COLORS of 1098's they had in stock. His answer "well if you're serious, just come down here and talk to us in person". I'm trying to tell the guy its an hour drive for me, I'm not driving all the way there if you won't even answer the simplest question on the phone.

"I'm looking to buy a 1098 this week. Do you guys have a yellow one in stock?"
"Just come down here."
"Do you have ANY 1098's in stock?"
"Just come down here."
"There's one in Ft Myers exactly like I want, for $14,600 OTD. What can you guys do, or is that even in the ballpark?"
"Stop wasting my time with phone calls. If you're serious, there's no reason you can't just come down here."
"Well maybe if you would throw me a quote, it'd give me a reason to drive down there"

Fine.

I dealt with Gulf Coast Cycles in Ft Myers, and I've got nothing but glowing things to say. You definitely get the high-end treatment there.

We have a couple of Duc riders on our local forum, and I've heard both ways. Some love the Tampa dealer, others say skip it and just go down to Ft Myers. Personally, Ft Myers will get my business every time. The salesman's name there is Bob Cohan. The guy even gave me his personal cell phone in case I had any questions or anything over the weekend or when he was on vacation.

·
Registered
619 Posts
What's the local forum?
http://sarasotariders.net/boards/

I actually started the board a little over 2 years ago. Its got a pretty decent amount of activity. We just use it mainly to organize events and rides and stuff. Most of us have our own forums we visit for general (or bike-specific stuff).

There's 3 of us from our forum who watch this board too (that I know of). Myself, flyhack72, and tyler.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I hate you guys :)

Sarasota is where I want to be but they don't have a single job in the biotech industry. :(

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've been down here in Tampa for a temporary duty lasting 4 months. I didn't bring my bike because I was unsure as to my living conditions. But I ended up buying one while down here (not from EC). So, here is my dealings with Eurocycles. Long read yes but it's been a long time dealing with them. Cliff notes version: Salesmen aren't knowledgeable, service isn't good but they sure can sell a Tshirt! All this was posted on another site as I was dealing with them and I wanted to get the word out to the rest of my fellow riders so here's a copy pasted post from another site.

Took the bike in to Ducati Tampa today for a good once over as I got a little nervous about the fuel leak and if anything else might be wrong. The service manager (really nice guy) who has been working there for 5 years said he didn't know Ducati made the 748 in that color Hummmm....funny thing is that this is my third dealing with them and the hairs on the back on my neck have stood up every time. The first one was when I was looking for a Hyper. I called the shop and asked some very specific questions about a used S they had. I asked if there was any damage to the bike anywhere and I was told no. So, I drove over there (almost a 2 hour round trip). When I got there, I noticed the Hyper had been lowsided because there was still some un-repaired damage to the bottom of the front forks. I pointed that out and the sales man said yeah, it's been lowsided at the track. What about you telling me there was no damage? I left rather pissed off because I spent two hours going to and from for one reason which I wouldn't have done otherwise. The second time was at the Tampa autoshow. They had a booth set up there with merchandise, bikes, and of course pretty ladies. One of the bikes they had was a Hayden 848. I asked one of the people manning the booth how much for the Hayden 848. He responded that they didn't have one. Confused I pointed at the bike and asked who's is it. "It's ours and it's for sale! I take it you're interested?" I looked at him and said what's with the crazy paint to which he said it was a "Stoner Replica." Now, I'm not one to let things die and I asked him "What is Stoner?" "He's a World Superbike Racer." he said. "You mean, that Ducati 848 with the red, white and blue paint job with the stars and the big number 69 on the front is a Casey Stoner rep?" I asked. I didn't even let him say another word I just walked off. Anyway, I have my fingers crossed.

I really wanted to be positive for this post and I was really looking forward to being able to give Eurocycles a good review but unfortunately, I'm unable. I dropped the bike off the other day as already mentioned. I called them late last week to check up on it. Turns out, the fuel quick disconnects were broke as well. Ok, fine. No issues as I know that was probably going to happen as it's a weak design. I asked them to order the metal quick disconnects and they said they would and I would be able to pick it up next (this) week. Great! I'm happy as they are doing a good job so far. I called them yesterday to check up on it again. I was told that the part was found at another dealer and it would be here tomorrow (today) morning. I gave them until about two and I called them again. The service guy said the part came in but it was the standard plastic Ducati part and not the metal one. Normally, I would have said order the other part and I'll wait but since I only have 2 weeks left down here, I wanted the bike back so I didn't have to stress over it and I want to ride! So far still good. Due to my own buffoonery I didn't get there until right at closing time. Good on them for helping me out. Nick and Jeff are good dudes and really were nice. Both of them and even the owner of Eurocycles helped me load the bike into the back of the truck. They even washed my bike for me! Great! Or so I though.... I think they must have used a high pressure washer because the '748' that is on the side now says " `48 " That's right, only the top part of the 7 is still there. I didn't notice until after I had left and I was at the gas station filling up the truck. Once I got home I unloaded it and started it up. Fuel started spitting everywhere So it's not fixed and I was charged $236 for the service. Eurocycles has great dudes that work there except for that one salesmen who flat out lied to me but I have no doubt they will make this right. Hopefully I'll be able to make the next installment more positive.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention is that they gave me the standard Ducati quick disconnects at cost. Good on em.

More pain in the ass. I called Eurocycles the day after I picked it up the last time and told them what they had failed to fix and what they destroyed in the process. I had them come pick it up this time because I was tired of driving 2 hours round trip. They obliged and came to pick it up that day. That was a Thursday. Jeff, the service manager ordered the parts to get them over nighted to arrive on Sat morning and said I would have the bike back that night. Saturday rolls around and by the early afternoon I hadn’t heard from him yet so I give him a ring. He had no idea if the parts came in or not and had to check on it. Well, they hadn’t arrived and so I would have to wait until Tuesday to pick it up. Tuesday afternoon rolls around and I still hadn’t heard from them. So once again, the customer has to initiate contact. Jeff didn’t have the status of the bike and had to call me back. Really? You are the service manager! Anyway, bike was ready for pick up that afternoon. Once again, I drive an hour to get out there and at first sight of the bike, I can tell the748 decals aren’t correct. Good thing I uploaded a bunch on pics to my phone so I could compare. Turns out Eurocycles used some outside company to fix it. THEY TOOK OFF BOTH OF THE 748 DECALS EVEN THE ONE THAT WAS COMPLETELY FINE!!!! Ok, I guess they couldn’t match the 748 side to side perfectly so they redid both to make it look even. In doing so, they didn’t put the decals back in the correct place and what shits me even more is that it was different from side to side. Rookie mistakes. After telling Jeff, the service manager that I was not going to take the bike because it was not correct, he gave me a look like “are you serious?” I had to tell him that when a customer drops off their bike, they should get it back in the same shape or better. I don’t think that is a concept Eurocycles understands. I also told him that I was done driving 2 hours round trip and that he would have to deliver it to me when finally finished. He said that he would have to ask the owner. HAHA Are you kidding me?!?! What ever happened to customer service? That’s another concept they are having trouble understanding. Then I asked Jeff if it was common practice to have all their customer’s bikes sitting in the parking lot while not being worked on WITH THE KEY IN THE IGNITION. “Yes, all these bikes have the keys in the ignition.” Jeff said. So I took my key out and handed it to him. There were about 12-15 bikes sitting there. Wow. Save yourself money, time and grief and don’t go to Eurocycles.

Got my bike back today. They delivered it. Fuel leak gone. Decals Fixed. What a pain to deal with those guys but at least it’s done.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
ok i will chime in here on this......
so april 09, i take my 749 in for the 6k service, and drop $1385 on it. after getting it back from the "service" it stalled constantly. i brought it back about a week or 2 later, and they looked at it. came back and said valve seats were bad and needed to rebuild th eheads to the tune of $1500.....SO I PASSED.
recently took it to mellimoto in ocala because of all the good stuff i have heard about them. so they looked at it to find the throttle bodies were WAY out of sync, and the vertical cylinder valve adjustment was off by nearly .5mm.......and i paid $1385 for a damn...well noithing.....
ok so im pissed and call to bitch....they offer me a $100 store credit......ya no thanks, it will take more than $100 to get me back in that place. i will never set foot there again, even for a damn t shirt, and i will be sure to tell EVERYONE i see NOT to go there

·
Registered
28 Posts
One more thing about Eurocycles of Tampa Bay; if you don't buy you tires from them they will not mount them for you. I purchased a set of Pilot Power 2 CTs ($238-ish delivered) and went by yesterday to see how much they would charge if I brought the wheels and tires in myself. They said they'd charge me for an hour of labor ($80) and only if I bought the tires from them. I'd hate to go all the way to Ocala for service; but if this is the way they treat their customers, I may have to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts