Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a gas station in Seattle area that does not use Ethanol - AT ALL EVER. Maybe 30 cents more than anyone else, but the gas is so much better. I was forced to fill the tank at a Shell station today - after 100 miles on tank - used Premium. I could tell right off - surging was present in lower rpm - Since I always used the Ethanol free gas I never experienced surging - What the Heck. I thought it was due to the DP ECU that came with asym. Termis. Well, I was wrong. So if you can avoid the ethanol do it and after a full tank I bet you wont go back. Im gonna store 5 gallons of the good stuff at home just to avoid the crap gas whenever possible and fuel up prior to rides. Look up PUREGAS.org to find a station near you. Happy Trails

:abduct:

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
pure-gas.org is the correct URL

recommend downloading the .kml file and plugging into your smart phone for ready reference if you range around a bit and like avoiding crapanol err ethanol

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
There are no stations listed that are close enough to use. I've been adding sea foam to my gas.

Don't have a clue if it helps, but I've had to clean carbs almost annually.

Thought I'd try this.

Bob

·
7,733 Posts
There are no stations listed that are close enough to use. I've been adding sea foam to my gas.

Don't have a clue if it helps, but I've had to clean carbs almost annually.

Thought I'd try this.

Bob
How often do you add Sea Foam? Every tank?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
It's easier to find E-Free in Canada... Problem is it is almost always 91 octane ONLY. That's fine if you need premium. But I don't, and in fact my bike always ran best on 87 octane before this nonsense began.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, thats right the correct website is pure-gas.org Thanks and happy motoring. Happy 4th

Nate

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
How often do you add Sea Foam? Every tank?
I add an ounce per gallon every 4th or 5th fillip.

My bike gets ridden a lot during spring fall time frame. Parked usually during July-August when we go 100+. Like now and I leave tank with sea-foam during this period.

I'm using pure guesswork, if you have a suggested schedule, I'm all ears...

Or better fuel additive suggestion,

Bob

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've never had performance issues with ethanol. The only major downsides I've found with ethanol are it is really hard on older rubber fuel lines and it is horrible with two strokes. The alcohol and oil don't really mix so great... I guess you could call the latter of the two a performance issue, it was more of an exploding issue for me though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Puregas list one ethanol location in Calgary, whereas, most stations here are ethanol free.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Remember brothers and sisters, you can add locations to the PureGas site easily and update stations' status. Think of it as a public service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts