Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I know this has been talked about in other threads but I want to share my experience and maybe gain some knowledge for my next stop. I just bought my 010 multi s sport 3 weeks ago and am on a trip down the Baja and back. Half way down the Baja I encountered a rough washboarded road. Soon after I got the "ERROR DES REAR REBOUND" message and can not change suspension modes. So I call GP Motorsports in San Diego and make a appointment to have them check it out. Since I'm currently traveling I couldn't leave the bike. So after 1.5 hours of checking the system the only thing they came up with was a "
"Rear Suspension ExtensionShort Circuit" code and couldn't resolve it. Anybody out there have had similar experiences? I'm heading North and hope to find time in SF to get it checked out there but I don't want to spend another $120 to have them tell me they don't know what to do to resolve the error. Thanks for shedding any light to this subject.
BTW I'm not saying GP was acting incompetent in any way. I knew going into this they probably couldn't repair it given the short notice and all I only ask them to try to identify the problem so I could order any parts needed further up the road. They were very accommodating given the short notice plus they fixed my rear break problem!

·
North Carolina, USA
3,321 Posts
Most electronic problems with the DES that I've read about seem to be related to ecu failures. If they didn't, you might have them swap out the DES ecu and see what that does.

·
Pulsating L-Twin Member
140 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts