Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

i am going to try to explain the whole situation

1- the bike is 2008 hypermotard with full system.

2- i have removed the microtec ecu from my 848 and installed on my hypermotard , installed the correct map

3- the gauges and ignition key are from different bikes (that is why installed the microtec)

4- the bike is given code 37.5. which i know it is the immobilizer , i checked the ring around the ignition and replaced but still the same results

5- the main problem is the the fuel pump is not coming on. i know that the fuel pump has a high and low circuit, the low circuit is coming on.i could jump the fuel pump and the bike will run perfect.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Have you programmed the key to the instrument panel / immobilizer?
Or should that be avoided by using microtec ECU?

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Just to make sure I am reading it correctly, you have a bike that runs fine and shows a 37.5 immo error as long as you jump the high circuit On the fuel pump?

If so, try tracking down a broken circuit on the fuel pump itself perhaps. I haven't had to pull mine yet so I am not really helpful here.

As for the 37.5 error, does it matter? I have a permanent 37.5 error that shows on the dash since I took the immobilizer off and went to a keyless ignition. the dash knows something is wrong but since I am using the microtec it over-rides and the bike works fine.

Edit. One small thing that I think you already did is to make sure to set the microtec configuration from 848 to hyper in addition to changing the map.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to make sure I am reading it correctly, you have a bike that runs fine and shows a 37.5 immo error as long as you jump the high circuit On the fuel pump?

If so, try tracking down a broken circuit on the fuel pump itself perhaps. I haven't had to pull mine yet so I am not really helpful here.

As for the 37.5 error, does it matter? I have a permanent 37.5 error that shows on the dash since I took the immobilizer off and went to a keyless ignition. the dash knows something is wrong but since I am using the microtec it over-rides and the bike works fine.

Edit. One small thing that I think you already did is to make sure to set the microtec configuration from 848 to hyper in addition to changing the map.

you might be right, i am not really sure,i will remove the tank and check the wiring .

yes you are correct the bike runs fine if i jump the circuit on the fuel pump, even though it shows error 37.5, i have changed the configuration and the map to hypermotard.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
problem solved, i have switched the damn plug for the fuel pump with the one for exhaust valve. i hate ducati LOL ,, why do they make all the plugs fit each other.

thanks for everyone that helped, mark from the duc shop help me eliminate the ECU as a cause (tested for me)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts