Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
For finding cross-references in oil filters, I really like the Mann-Hummel online catalogue. Is lists dimensions, as well as bypass valve opening pressures.

Here is the Mann-Hummel filter for our Ducatis.

Here is the Mann-Hummel filter for Citroen 2CV.

Only difference is the bypass valve opening pressure, and we all change oil before that valve needs to open, right? :D
I was going to search out if there were more filters, but the Mann-Hummer site returns a server error. Hopefully they fix it soon. :)

Edit: The Mahle catalog lists the same filter for Ducati and Citroen 2CV.
Looks like an old, very experienced mechanic I know was right when he quipped: "If you look in enough catalogues and cross reference tables, you find that most filters fit almost all vehicles" :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
And the same size Mil-Spec numbered equivalent is M83248/1-247. I just ordered a supply. You can get these on Amazon for .99 each from O-Rings INC. These are the ones I've been using on the ST with no problems. Just destroyed my two spares on the 916 tank as I didn't catch the tiny sharp edge on the tank's flange... Honestly, what a crappy design! Lets put a big freaking finicky pump flange on the BOTTOM of the tank, sealed by .99 O-Ring right on top of the hot vertical cylinder and exhaust and between the rider's legs!
For us Europeans, US MIL spec and fractional O-ring sizes can be somewhat difficult to obtain. I recently had to take out the fuel pump assy - my tank had rusted through! :eek:
That`s what I had in store for buying a bike that had been sitting unused for some time I guess.

Anyways: O-rings can be stretched up to 6% when fitting. The important measure on O-rings is the cross section diameter, as this is what fills the void between the parts.
I sourced a 117.1 x 3.53 mm O-ring locally, paid around 1$ for it. Fitted nicely and is holding the gasoline in the tank.
O-ring sizes vary between suppliers and national standards, but my point is that you do not need to stare blindly at the dimensions, some differences are acceptable, but the cross section measure is most important, and the O-ring should rather be a tad too small than too big.

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
For finding cross-references in oil filters, I really like the Mann-Hummel online catalogue. Is lists dimensions, as well as bypass valve opening pressures.

Here is the Mann-Hummel filter for our Ducatis.

Here is the Mann-Hummel filter for Citroen 2CV.

Only difference is the bypass valve opening pressure, and we all change oil before that valve needs to open, right? :D
I was going to search out if there were more filters, but the Mann-Hummer site returns a server error. Hopefully they fix it soon. :)

Edit: The Mahle catalog lists the same filter for Ducati and Citroen 2CV.
Looks like an old, very experienced mechanic I know was right when he quipped: "If you look in enough catalogues and cross reference tables, you find that most filters fit almost all vehicles" :D
One of my engineers is a world renown 2CV expert, they are fucking nutters

Craig

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Only 2 comments about oil filters..

1. Back in '87 or '88, the shop I was working at couldn't get filters from Ducati. They were on back order for a month. Then, all of a sudden, our back order was filled with white filters instead of black. They didn't have Ducati printed on the filter or the box, just the manufacturer..."Ufi".

Also on the box was a short list of vehicles it fit. Besides Ducati, it listed an Alfa Romeo Diesel sedan and some other cars. I went to Napa and cross referenced the vehicles listed and came up with the number already mentioned for the Wix filter Napa sells. (1352) Only downside is, the filter is white.

I was already using Wix filters on my Turbo car I was auto-crossing. Turbo magazine had done a test, and the Wix was superior to most filters in America in '85.

I've run a lot of Wix filters on Ducatis in the last 20 years...;)

2. I just took a used K+N filter off of a used bike I bought. Previous owner put it on with a cheater bar. The nut collapsed and I used my "oil filter pliers" to remove it. Bastard folded up it was so tight.

·
Registered
112 Posts
fuel filter

I just bought the NAPA 3032 Gold fuel filter and its a smaller diameter body than the original and doesn't fit in the clamp. Is this expected? As in, should I just assume it'll be held in place alright by the hoses? I would have thouoght that the point of a particular PN was that it would be the same physical size?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I just bought the NAPA 3032 Gold fuel filter and its a smaller diameter body than the original and doesn't fit in the clamp. Is this expected? As in, should I just assume it'll be held in place alright by the hoses? I would have thouoght that the point of a particular PN was that it would be the same physical size?
Yes, as expected. Mine is like that too. It'll be fine. Someone was selling an adapter on ebay a while back specifically for that so it will be snug.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
355 Posts

If you position the ridge around the NAPA filter in the clamp just right you can get it sort-of snug. I bought one of those filter adapters from ebay, sorry can't find a current link.

·
Mr Leakered
8,782 Posts
Yes. This is well known. It is okay. The band will clamp it firmly.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
... the NAPA 3032 Gold fuel filter and its a smaller diameter body than the original and doesn't fit in the clamp....
What I did, in this case, was slice the old fuel line (with the leak), and used it as "spacer" to ensure the economy filter was tight in the clamp. Works 4 me!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ducatiwiki.net was a big help,pressure plate bearing,napa# PGB P6201 2RSJ..only 4.49$ each.
And,for those of you looking for paint,that "flat gold,matt gold,bronze,"what ever you want to call it,on the rims and frame.
Cyclecolor.com now sells it,they mixed some for me,2oz bottle,35.00$,2nd day mail.
Allmost perfect match for my 2000 ST2.
It's called Beige-Opaco,PPG # W Y B 8 B.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Oil Filter -High Flow HF-153

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
Steering head bearings?

Anyone got an aftermarket number for steering head tapered roller bearings?

SKF, NTN, FAG?

Craig

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
I had these installed, seems to work well:

All Balls 221039

22-1039 All Balls Racing

Cheers!
Thanks Bartman, but the idea of this sticky is to give universal industry numbers so we can ALL find cheap parts. The ALL BALLS part number means nothing to my local bearing guy, this is the point of the thread.

Geez, I must be getting old, starting to sound like Bill, sorry Bill

If you have the actual numbers off the actual bearings, that's what we need, thanks.

Craig

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks Bartman, but the idea of this sticky is to give universal industry numbers so we can ALL find cheap parts. The ALL BALLS part number means nothing to my local bearing guy, this is the point of the thread.

Geez, I must be getting old, starting to sound like Bill, sorry Bill

If you have the actual numbers off the actual bearings, that's what we need, thanks.

Craig
Does this help at all?

This is for the stock bearings:
Bearing: SNR BB40467
Size:
55 mm OD
35 mm ID
14.5 mm high

The tapered roller bearings are only made by a couple companies, All Balls being one. They can be ordered through Desmo Times, or the following All Balls distributors:

Distributor Information

Distributor Name Distributor Reference #
All Balls 22-1039
Automatic 130293
Gamma 22-1039
KK 6700-765
Kimpex 206830
Marshall 14-0227
Motovan 122-1039
Parts Canada 399037
Parts Unlimited 22-1039
Thibault 237221039
Tucker Rocky 41-6235
Western Power Sports 22-2039

·
Registered
494 Posts
Radiator Cross Reference

It's what I get for having an old brunette Italian mistress. Lucrezia is leaking and needs Something for her incontinence. Maybe change her name to "Incontinentia"? See Monty Python "Life of Brian".

Anyway, a long winded request. We have a leak, lower right side between the core and the tank. New radiators from Omaha Ducati are, ready for this? $1879.98!! :eek:

Lots of them on Ebay, but I "ASSUME" all ST models use the same radiator. Do any other Ducati model radiators also work? I recently got a piece of fairing that had a mounting lug broken off from Ebay, so I was hoping to expand my options and try to avoid buying more useless junk parts.:mad:

·
Mr Leakered
8,782 Posts
Wouldn't it be neat if some Alfa had a curved core that some designer thought it needed to curve around a horn placement?

The only ones that I could imagine without research might be the S4 and S4R Monsters?

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
It's what I get for having an old brunette Italian mistress. Lucrezia is leaking and needs Something for her incontinence. Maybe change her name to "Incontinentia"? See Monty Python "Life of Brian".

Anyway, a long winded request. We have a leak, lower right side between the core and the tank. New radiators from Omaha Ducati are, ready for this? $1879.98!! :eek:

Lots of them on Ebay, but I "ASSUME" all ST models use the same radiator. Do any other Ducati model radiators also work? I recently got a piece of fairing that had a mounting lug broken off from Ebay, so I was hoping to expand my options and try to avoid buying more useless junk parts.:mad:
I would take your radiator to an expert & have it repaired or rebuilt.

As for buying parts on ebay, if they are not as described, paypal will reimburse you & also your credit card people will cover you as well, ask me how I know.

Craig

61 - 80 of 107 Posts