Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Ducati or Brembo will not sell brake part/spares, Some firms claim to sell spares but they take their pound of flesh. KTM will sell spares.

The ST4S brakes are Goldline 30/34 mm from Brembo. They are used on a few KTM’s. One I know is the 640 Duke II

Here is a URL from a UK KTM supplier showing the KTM part numbers

Bikers Jersey | BRAKE CALIPER FRONT

I purchased seals from here and they fit and work perfectly. They were delivered in Brembo packaging

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
The OEM relays on the ST4S are trouble prone and can fail at any time particularly after 4/5 years.

They were made by German firm Siemens who were purchased by electronics giant Tyco who have since become TE

The original relays were Siemens part number V23073. This is discontinued for the V23074 which is 3m taller and wider but includes a resistor across the coil terminals to suppress negative drop out voltage spikes.

Also the original was a make and break circuit know as “form A”. (two terminals for the switching, two for the coil) Most relay companies stop making these now and offer the same relay as change over type known as “form C” (three terminals for switching - a common, a normally open and a normally closed). The duke can live with this new type as the fifth unused terminal socket is in place but just not needed.

So all relays on the ST can be changed for these new types

Old Siemens number V23073
New Tyco/TE Number 5-1393294-8
Form A

Old Siemens number V23074 A1001-A302 OR 402
New Tyco/TE Number 1393292-5
Form A

Old Siemens number V23074 A1001-A303 OR 403
New Tyco/TE Number 8-1393292-4
Form C
RS Components Number 535-2542
8-1393292-4 Product Details - TE

Old Siemens number V23074 A1001-H1005
New Tyco/TE Number 2-1419714-4
Form A (High Current)

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
The OEM relays on the ST4S are trouble prone and can fail at any time particularly after 4/5 years.

They were made by German firm Siemens who were purchased by electronics giant Tyco who have since become TE

The original relays were Siemens part number V23073. This is discontinued for the V23074 which is 3m taller and wider but includes a resistor across the coil terminals to suppress negative drop out voltage spikes.

Also the original was a make and break circuit know as “form A”. (two terminals for the switching, two for the coil) Most relay companies stop making these now and offer the same relay as change over type known as “form C” (three terminals for switching - a common, a normally open and a normally closed). The duke can live with this new type as the fifth unused terminal socket is in place but just not needed.

So all relays on the ST can be changed for these new types

Old Siemens number V23073
New Tyco/TE Number 5-1393294-8
Form A

Old Siemens number V23074 A1001-A302 OR 402
New Tyco/TE Number 1393292-5
Form A

Old Siemens number V23074 A1001-A303 OR 403
New Tyco/TE Number 8-1393292-4
Form C
RS Components Number 535-2542
8-1393292-4 Product Details - TE

Old Siemens number V23074 A1001-H1005
New Tyco/TE Number 2-1419714-4
Form A (High Current)
Good stuff Johnny, do you have any Bosch numbers?

Craig

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Thanks guys!

The part number for the McMaster Carr o-rings (Viton) is: 9464K548
And the same size Mil-Spec numbered equivalent is M83248/1-247. I just ordered a supply. You can get these on Amazon for .99 each from O-Rings INC. These are the ones I've been using on the ST with no problems. Just destroyed my two spares on the 916 tank as I didn't catch the tiny sharp edge on the tank's flange... Honestly, what a crappy design! Lets put a big freaking finicky pump flange on the BOTTOM of the tank, sealed by .99 O-Ring right on top of the hot vertical cylinder and exhaust and between the rider's legs!

·
Mr Leakered
8,803 Posts
Are you talking about the original slave on the ST2? If so, desmotimes sales a rebuild kit for it with multiple o-rings for better alignment and seal, but the site is down while LT is deployed. The other option would be to buy a later model slave. I believe all dry slaves are the same. I used one from a 1098. You might need the hydralic line also depending on the end fitting.

Have a good one.

·
Mr Leakered
8,803 Posts
You're welcome. My original clutch master did that. It seems that DOT 4 doesn't damage piant.

I think I paid about 40usd for the used one as a lot folks swap them out early for an aftermarket slave with a larger bore. The new style is not rebuildable, but seems to be a unit that performs well, and I like the hard clutch pull.

If I am remembering correctly, the rebuild kit at desmotimes is between $30 to $40, anyway. Just a thought.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I recall rebuilding my ST2 slave with a "quad-ring". I believe I purchased one thru someone on this forum. They were like $1 or $2 each. I wish I had a size# to provide, but take a look at this website:

http://www.applerubber.com/seal-design-guide/technical-summary/x-quad-ring.cfm?query=quad ring

And it worked XLent! Of course, the bore needs to be in decent shape...

another website about sizes:
http://www.sealanddesign.com/category/Back-up/Square/Quad-Rings/198.html

Maybe this gent sells them? Or ask him where to get them (scroll to bottom):
http://www.skguitar.com/SKGS/other_stuff/ducati/Ducati_900ss.htm

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Tony, What size nut do we need? Is it 8 or 10 MM bolt in there?

·
Registered
23 Posts
And the same size Mil-Spec numbered equivalent is M83248/1-247. I just ordered a supply. You can get these on Amazon for .99 each from O-Rings INC. These are the ones I've been using on the ST with no problems. Just destroyed my two spares on the 916 tank as I didn't catch the tiny sharp edge on the tank's flange... Honestly, what a crappy design! Lets put a big freaking finicky pump flange on the BOTTOM of the tank, sealed by .99 O-Ring right on top of the hot vertical cylinder and exhaust and between the rider's legs!
Make sure you get that o-ring on there right a friend of mine figured that out the hard way. We were Going up Parley's Summitt outside of Park City UT and his bike just burst into flames. He couldnt get off the bike fast enough which gave him 3rd degree burns on his legs and we watched his bike burn to the ground on the side of the road. In my opinion I dont want to find the cheapest o ring to put on there

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Oil filters

Does anyone know of an equivalent car oil filter that would suit our Ducati's?

I was looking in an Auto store today, and a very common Mazda 323 early model, looked similar, but the rubber seal was inboard a little rather than on the edge.

Craig
I finally found the correct filter, it is a Baldwin B7292, can anyone cross reference that?

Craig

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Thanks, VA DUC ! that is a great thread. I've done similar with new and used filters--different brands, for my Saab. One thing 4 sure, Fram was at the bottom of my list, too!

O found it almost amusing to see how the Fram was "value engineered" to the point of making it pretty worthless.

41 - 60 of 107 Posts