Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Well done, all ! Very helpful information.

I'm feeling confident enough to add the oil cooler o-rings to this thread.

Parker series 5-204 o-rings are replacements for the Duc o-rings leading to the oil cooler on some bikes. It seems that they changed the fittings over the years. Mine had two o-rings on each hose fitting that mates to the threaded fittings just forward of the oil pump.

These o-rings are NOT the standard AS568A type. Those have a minimum width of 1/8in. The Parker series 5-204 are 0.036in wide. You can see these in the linked spec:
http://www.darcoid.com/images/uploads/pdfs/5-XXX%20sizes.pdf

The ones I orders are non-viton and a tad smaller I.D. compared to the originals. The Parker series 5-209 might work and be the same I.D., but I have not tried these.

It seems that prices can vary wildly for these. I found 12 of them for $20, delivered.

Have a good one.

·
Mr Leakered
8,803 Posts
NAPA OP6172 for the oil pressure switch. You'll most likely need to crimp on a new connector. I did.
Heads up. The NAPA switch is not as robust as it looks. It has been seeping lately. On the way in this morning, the oil light went on. I didn't even bother to stop as a similar thing happened with one of the Duc switches. At the office, a quick peek showed a good bit of oil around the top rim of the part.

As a glutton for punishment, I'm going to try one more NAPA switch just for giggles.

Have a good one.

·
Banned
5,879 Posts
Fuel pump relay,

from advance auto it's Borg Warner # R3112 around $9

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
This entry was in the SS area, and the concern was with the oil temp sender. This sender has the identical temp/resistance values that ours do, so this data is very interchangeable with our ST's. In here are 3 sensors: Air Temp; Fluid Temp; Barometric pressure transducer. Big thanks to knracing, who published this data!

Note that the pressure transducer has a small graph that indicates linearity, and 4.75V = 1 Bar (sea level pressure).

knracing wrote:
I do not really understand your problem. But here is the information for your bike.
Ducati 750SS ie -01
ECU Air temp sensor ATS 05
Located near the instrument.
Tech spec
http://www.magneti-marelli.com/downl...ats_web_01.pdf
So a 3,75 kOhm resistor will give you 20 deg C
The corresponding correction trim factor for the fuel in the ECU are:
Temp Factor
+ 41 deg C 0.9766
+ 29 deg C 1.0000
+ 17 deg C 1.0156
+ 05 deg C 1.0625

ECU Engine temp sensor WTS 09
Located in the horizontel intake valve cover
Tech spec
http://home.kpn.nl/duran103/pics/wts05 v4.pdf
So a 530 Ohm resistor will give you 70 deg C
The corresponding correction trim factor for the fuel in the ECU are:
Temp Factor
+ 89 deg C 1.0000
+ 77 deg C 1.0000
+ 65 deg C 1.0078
+ 53 deg C 1.0234

Engine Oil temp sensor for the temp gauge (instrument) (If you have one)
Located in the oil mesh filter on the right hand side of engine.
Only used for the temp gauge. This one has nothing to do with the ECU.
To my best knowledge the combined sensor spec follows the single sensors.
So
Pressure sensor 100kpa
http://www.mmcompsys.com/uploads/med...RT02_03_06.pdf
Here is an older version with better info
http://www.100prozentoffner.at/filea...s_03_04_06.pdf

Temp sensor
http://www.mmcompsys.com/uploads/med...ats_web_01.pdf

·
Mr Leakered
8,803 Posts
I'm feeling confident enough to add the oil cooler o-rings to this thread.

Parker series 5-204 o-rings are replacements for the Duc o-rings leading to the oil cooler on some bikes. It seems that they changed the fittings over the years. Mine had two o-rings on each hose fitting that mates to the threaded fittings just forward of the oil pump.

These o-rings are NOT the standard AS568A type. Those have a minimum width of 1/8in. The Parker series 5-204 are 0.036in wide. You can see these in the linked spec:
http://www.darcoid.com/images/uploads/pdfs/5-XXX%20sizes.pdf

The ones I orders are non-viton and a tad smaller I.D. compared to the originals. The Parker series 5-209 might work and be the same I.D., but I have not tried these.

It seems that prices can vary wildly for these. I found 12 of them for $20, delivered.

Have a good one.
As an updated on the 5-204 o-rings. They are holding well but are not easy to find. Here is a link to a supplier for a Viton version:
1.0mm CS : The O-ring Store - Where you can find a huge selection of o-rings, hydraulic seals, o-ring kits and accessories!, We make placing your o-ring order and getting o-rings as easy as possible! Get the o-ring seals you need, in your hands, at a

The 1mm x 7.5mm or 8mm should work if you compare it to the linked spec for the 5-204.

Have a good one.

·
Mr Leakered
8,803 Posts
The NAPA oil switch (NAPA part number OP6172) is not working for me. See the recent thread. The second one when down in much less time than the first.

Sorry guys. I'm plugging the hole and either sourcing the VW part or going with a gauge.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Timing belt Idler pulley bearings on 99 ST4 are 6003 2RS use good quality bearing like SKF or FAG no cheap bearing here theses spin ungodly RPM that lesser quality electric motor bearings would never see.
FAG's ran me $14 at and industrial supply house.

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
Just got quoted $49.00 each bearing by Ducati dealer, picked them up for $6.70 each at a local bearing supplier.

It pays to shop around.

Craig
Can anybody confirm that the wheel bearings for an ST2 are the same for an '05 ST4s ? If not does anybody have the part number for the ST2 so that I can compare with mine ?
Want to collect a pair from a bearing shop next week.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
I can't confirm 100% but logic tells me that all ST models share the same wheel bearings along with other models that use the same wheels.

Number on the bearing is 6005 2RS

Craig

·
2,650 Posts
Thanks Craig but the problem is that the 4s (and 3s ?) both come with the 5 spoke Marchessinis' so dontn think I can take that gamble as the bearing shop is 40 miles away and I am combining calling in there with collection my car from servicing.

·
Mr Leakered
8,803 Posts

·
2,650 Posts
Thanks guys.

·
Mr Leakered
8,803 Posts
Anyone having issues finding amber bulbs for Duc turn signals, esp if you went with a 'modern looking' clear lens, I had trouble finding amber 10W bulbs to fit the ST mounts. A local NAPA recommended a hobby shop who was able to get me some cool clear paint.

Here's the thread, if you want to go this very easy route:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/40-sport-touring/144789-amber-bulbs-dt-clear-alternatives-signal-lenses.html

Not the proper paint color in the 4th post.

It cost less than the $3 each 23W bulbs that made my dash flicker.

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Does anyone know of an equivalent car oil filter that would suit our Ducati's?

I was looking in an Auto store today, and a very common Mazda 323 early model, looked similar, but the rubber seal was inboard a little rather than on the edge.

Craig

·
Registered
110 Posts
Instrument Cluster Mounts

One of the rubber anti-vibration mounts that secure the instrument cluster had broken off and left the cluster to vibrate wildly at certain rpm's.

I stopped at my nearest Ducati dealer (110 miles from home) during a work related road trip and of course they didn't stock them and I was quoted $9.87 each, plus shipping and a wait of at least 10 days.

I searched around and found suitable replacement mounts with the same dimensions with the exception that the threaded studs were just a little bit longer then OEM. The new ones fit perfect and the added length made no difference.

$2.47 each plus shipping from New York.

Square Cylindrical Vibration Mounts Rubber Neoprene Urethane Sorbothane Silicone Gel Ring Mounts Stud Nut Type

Part No. V11Y02MSMMKA12
Cylindrical Mounts – To 250 kgf

Ride On
Dave (2002 Ducati ST4s)

·
Mr Leakered
8,803 Posts
Sweet. Thanks, Dave. Just this weekend, I found when installing the DD headlight that two were separated. I 'fixed' it with a set of solid bolts and bits of vacuum hose. It appears that my tach isn't happy with that method.

I'll pick up a few of those.

The funny part is that I didn't notice the cluster being loose at all.

Edit: I ordered up a few. Thanks again.

Have a good one.

21 - 40 of 107 Posts