Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Cool ! I had to look it up. I thought it was the one between Vermont and New Hampshire (the Cornish-Windsor), but I'll leave it for folks to guess/ recognize. You're right, would be a great destination spot.

Love covered bridges! We have a fair amount in Pennsylvania, although nothing that long. I've done a couple of covered bridge tours in Lancaster County- fun going to a bunch of them in a day. Even more fun when the Termi's are uncorked ! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool ! I had to look it up. I thought it was the one between Vermont and New Hampshire (the Cornish-Windsor), but I'll leave it for folks to guess/ recognize. You're right, would be a great destination spot.

Love covered bridges! We have a fair amount in Pennsylvania, although nothing that long. I've done a couple of covered bridge tours in Lancaster County- fun going to a bunch of them in a day. Even more fun when the Termi's are uncorked ! :laugh:
My brother Andy, the timber framer (customtimberframer.com) built this cool little boat roofed covered bridge:
https://www.facebook.com/179021899789/photos/br.Abp2T3u0x54wbpmsLEzNvQyqq59sUEX8QLhtnIlSeeNv6HCSYnG9h6DAfdluw5bJlO3DNeT2_VmeMv5AkTX9jVL1Y4wjoxZpZ7geR3l8ao0NWQOyTFz6i4WjHaflY0IF6RNXf6PbFVzFZTL4lpNn6dIopuk1nelE4S0MExiuwgrDIVUPgrL-QUPk0wUq8KSn0QFHiEoofHjLGFUqzEnqhoJKl_lOEgEfzDASj4TKo8L5s1TMSqhZo1f-CVe-PYqWpVY/10152913335149790/?type=3&theater

We like to say he put the Bridge in Bridgton (ME)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Very cool ! A lot of work in that. I like the pictures of it with the Christmas decorations!

No one has identified the bridge from your original post..? :confused:

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very cool ! A lot of work in that. I like the pictures of it with the Christmas decorations!

No one has identified the bridge from your original post..? :confused:
Seems not? Not hard to find on the web.

The Bridgton bridge is a memorial for a beloved local carpenter. Bob Dunning Memorial Bridge. There's a fun little video of assembling it on his web site.

·
Registered
321 Posts
While we are waiting for the answer... :wink2:.. Here's a small covered bridge in Delaware, close to the Pennsylvania border.
What's great with the covered bridges in our area is the roads leading to them are typically great for riding!

Attachments

·
Registered
802 Posts
That is a one long bridge.

Here is one I see quite a lot when riding up in Highlands, NC off of hwy 64. It is the Will Henry Stevens Covered Bridge. It has an interesting history. The bridge is originally from New Hampshire. Someone bought it over 40 years ago and put it into storage. It was recently sold/given to The Bascom Center in Highlands where they reassembled it and use it as the entrance to the art center.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is a one long bridge.

Here is one I see quite a lot when riding up in Highlands, NC off of hwy 64. It is the Will Henry Stevens Covered Bridge. It has an interesting history. The bridge is originally from New Hampshire. Someone bought it over 40 years ago and put it into storage. It was recently sold/given to The Bascom Center in Highlands where they reassembled it and use it as the entrance to the art center.

I love Highlands, NC. My wife nd I go to Old Edwards Inn usually once a year. The coolest road is going from Oceee to Highlands! I’ll have to find this bridge on my next trip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts