Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to happen , sooner or later , my bike just stopped tonight, just as I got home and was backing it into home, cut out whislt idleling , thought id hit the kill switch by mistake and thought nothing about it . Then half a hour later when I needed to zip down to the shops , no go, mmmm .

Anyone had a similar problem ? No need to wax lyrical on the basics , lol, the bike does 500klms a week , commuting to work and home is all 90% highway / freeway, 6 days a week , 100 kph + cruising stuff , and never ever missed a beat ever in 2 and a half years and doesnt even leak a drop of oil from anywhere :)

Is all 100 % stock no mods, but I have been riding in a LOT of rain the last couple of months , so I figure its a connection problem thats shorted out the system or my batterys gone to god , even though I ride it everyday, It isnt the regulator .

Has been running like a swiss clock for so long , I think its something real simple that has made it stop .

I cant even overide the imobilizer ?

Thoughts please .

Cheers Rick

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Spooner have you had your seat off lately? I had this happen to mine and one of the connectors had been unlatched by removing the seat as the connector sat up a little.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rob,

Sorry ive got to get some sleep got a 2.00 am start , lucky I got the car to use, lol, how embarrassing :)

I will check it out tomorrow when I get home, but should be the same inside as last time I took it off, but I will admit there's probably a lot of gunk built up in there.

Cheers Rick

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
It was the connector for the fuel injection and even though it looked like it was clipped together it was far enough apart to prevent stop the current

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ta Rob,

Will check it out tomorrow mate , thanks, I know it must be something simple,much appreciated and will let you know tomorrow.

Now thats better info than you can get anywhere , try ringing your local Ducati dealer for help and they tell you that they dont they dont provide that service of picking up a customers bike ? A Bike shop without a fucking ute ?? Ring Ducati Assist , sorry out of warranty cant help ?

Cheers Rick

·
Registered
635 Posts
Rick,

Is it electrically doing nothing for you? Turn the key on and not even dash lights?

Rick (good name by the way!:D)

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
A couple of people have had the injector relay fail, which causes the bike to cut out and not restart.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A couple of people have had the injector relay fail, which causes the bike to cut out and not restart.
Could be something like that , Ive checked all connections and all aok , oh well I'll find out soon enough . Off the the bike shop with it tomorrow.

It was running at the time and just stopped while idleing, lucky Id just got home :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
got to love these bikes,I got about 5000 miles half of them in the rain and with out a burp,but every problem Ive have had was a loose connecter,all easy fixes just plug and play.as a rule my walk around inspections now involve checking all plug connections.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts