Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we got close anyway, as close as I dared without a certain crash.

When the 30% chance of rain turned to a rain/hail storm at a very technical section, I decided to turn back...and go down the wet, rocky, rain slick mountain....on my Pirelli Scorpions Trails. I love these tires, but got in a wee over their heads again. We were 1000 miles from home on the jagged sharp rock trails, thank the Ducati gods for the ABS, never would have made it down crash-free without it. It was buzzing most of the way, but worked perfectly (the front of course, the rear is still worthless). Yeah I was lucky. The bike was much more at home on the National Park roads/trails, and on the mountain twisties where it really shined.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Now, this is what I've been looking for.
Good on ya'. :yeah:
And I'm glad ya'll made it out ok.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Man, that is awsome. I am looking forward to taking mine proper adventure riding also.
A lot of people said (to me) that you cant do it. I disagree .

Im looking forward to those new continental tyres

·
Registered
749 Posts
l2l... Well, there's a memory! Wet and slippery on steep/rocky/tech section... good call, especially with a bike one is reluctant to drop. But in better conditions, and if OK with how you want to brake, do-able on the MTS, even with the Trails.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
In hindsight, I wouldn't try it again without different tires and a crash bar, but that's just me. Not because it can't do it, it certainly can, but it's so rough up there odds are it will get dropped, I was VERY lucky. My buddy has some Kenda dual sports on his Super Ten and he did great. He's a better rider than me but I was still shocked how well he stayed with me in the twisties too! They're great tires, but they don't make them in our size. I loved the Nat Park trails, dirt roads and for my riding the Pirelli's are perfect, I just worried constantly about puncturing them on the sharp rocks, the Multi was superb!! The tail bag is a Cortec mini tank bag I use for a tail bag.

·
El lobo solitario
103 Posts
Wow, that is awesome, it's great to see the bikes true capabilities which makes it worthy of being called a Multistrada! :yeah:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts