Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 1000 miles on my 2018 1260s and while ridding home after a 300 mile ride today the engine stumbles, or feels like it is running out of gas or hitting the rev limiter frequently between 4500 and 7000 RPMS. If you keep giving it the gas it continues to stumble but if you let off and then go usually the RPM will rise. At first was very intermintent
but now very frequent which maybe is a good thing for it might be easier for the mechanic to diagnoiss the problem. I guess that better than having a problem that they can't duplicate. Will call the dealer on Tuesday and set up appointment.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have about 1000 miles on my 2018 1260s and while ridding home after a 300 mile ride today the engine stumbles, or feels like it is running out of gas or hitting the rev limiter frequently between 4500 and 7000 RPMS. If you keep giving it the gas it continues to stumble but if you let off and then go usually the RPM will rise. At first was very intermintent
but now very frequent which maybe is a good thing for it might be easier for the mechanic to diagnoiss the problem. I guess that better than having a problem that they can't duplicate. Will call the dealer on Tuesday and set up appointment.
Sounds like a lot of the bikes for this year (2018) are doing this...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well heard back from my dealer and then were able to duplicate
my problem (thats the good news) unfortunately the bike isn't throwing any codes and at this time
they have no idea The mechanic will be calling Ducati to see if there is another diagnosis software they can
run to sort out the problem. Bike only has a 1000 miles so hopefully they will sort it out shortly. I think it is somewhat heat
related as the stuttering, missing doesn't start until the bike has been ridden for about 20 miles. Anyone else with this issue?
thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sounds similar to what happens if the exhaust valve is sticking closed. If you pull off the silencer and have a look inside the exhaust pipe, you can see if the valve is open or stuck closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts