Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

It appears my 2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale is leaking from the clutch slave push rod hole/plate area.

I brought it into an authorized Ducati shop and they say it appears to be leaking from the push rod hole.

They said there is a gasket that is there that is installed from the INSIDE of the motor and they are saying that the engine case has to be split for them to install this gasket.

I did a bit of reading and searching and some other people online mentioned that there may be a O ring on the plate that may be simply the issue? Could it be something more simple? They haven't even taken the Clutch slave off of the bike yet so It seems like they may be quick to jump to conclusions quite fast on it without fully looking into the issue? I am Looking for more opinions on oil leaking from the clutch slave area and dripping onto the left lower exhaust and kickstand.

Is there any solutions that will work to prevent the bike from leaking oil other than splitting the engine case? Is there a simple Oring I can RTV on it and be done with it or could this be as extensive as they say?

I would really love some insight from fellow 1199 owners to see if there is a way to fix this that doesn't involve 20 hours of shop labor and if a O ring and some RTV may be all it needs >:)

thank you!

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
How is your clutch fluid level? Could be the rubber boot on the slave is leaking. Also there is an o ring that keeps engine oil from leaking past the the slave. Remove the slave to check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The clutch fluid level is fine it's not a problem with the clutch fluid itself. My bike is actually leaking engine oil from the pushrod hole. It is not the insert on the slave itself it is actually leaking from the hole the pushrod goes into on the engine. I'm just wondering if anybody has modified their pushrod to accommodate some O-rings to solve this leak. If so if they have a photo that can maybe share with me that would be great. The mechanic has so far said that to replace this oil gasket requires splitting of the engine case I just wanted to see if that is correct and if it is if we can modify the pushrod to add o rings similar to the pushrod of say a 998 to prevent the oil from leaking out the pushrod hole.
How is
your clutch fluid level? Could be the rubber boot on the slave is leaking. Also there is an o ring that keeps engine oil from leaking past the the slave. Remove the slave to check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts