Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question... I have a 98' 900 FE and one of the engine mounted fairing posts (left hand side) broke off. I'm going to have to drill out the broken one, but I want to replace it. Seems that the ones made for the ST2 appear identical and also more readily available. I'm having a bear of a time finding a replacement. Anyone happen to know if the ST2 ones are the same as the ones used in the 900 SS? See: Fairing / Engine Mounting Posts Stays Ducati ST4 ST2 ST3 ST4S Sport Touring | eBay
Thanks!

·
Señor Member
8,390 Posts
I broke off one of mine in a crash. At the time I couldn't find a replacement so I fabbed one using the cut off threads of a bolt welded to a steel tube capped with a crutch tip.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good idea. Thanks. Still with the Rescue Squadron(s)?

Reactions: redpato

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
It would be fairly easy to make one if you have access to a lathe. I dont know exactly what the one's you are looking for look like but the ones on my 91 900SS I could make those pretty quick in aluminum

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
The st does not use the same fairing stand off. I just checked a 900ss (97) in the shop and compared with 2 st2 bikes also in the shop. The st2 does not have a drilled and tapped cylinder . The fairiing MOUNT is similar looking but different lengths. 95mm on the st and about 80mm on the left side of the 93SS.

The other thing is the fairing stand off is solid not hollow. Yes the bolt iis a great idea and you can cap it with a rubber bumper where it touches the fairing. I would recomend using a weak bolt as you want it to break in a fall rather than bust your cylinder. A few cuts to allow it to snap first would be a good idea if using a steel bolt.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
although you could probably find a used one for less then someone would charge to fabricate them. Call Nick at Black Label Mechanica he may have what you need 407-347-3498

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input rennsport. I'll give Nick a call. And thanks ducvet for comparing the sizes for me! Now to get the broken bit out... carefullllly. 😬

1 - 7 of 7 Posts