Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm Ed from Long Island, NY and i bought my first bike ever. I'm a proud owner of a Ducati Streetfighter. I ordered the frame slider and I'm thinking about putting them on myself. I can't find on the owners manual any information on the engine mount torque spec. I don't own a bike stand and have never worked on a bike. do you guys think i should do this install myself or bring to dealership. thank you in advance. By the way I don't have any low RPM fueling issues.

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,232 Posts
Putting on the frame slider involves removing a bolt that supports the engine. You should have the bike supported in such a way that the free weight of the engine does not put it out of alignment while swapping the bolts. Usually the bike is on a stand and being supported under the motor. I believe there are plenty of tutorials on you tube that cover this. Have a gander at what others have done. As for torque specs, those should be available by searching the 1098 forum, or google it.

In any case, if you feel unsure about it, then you have to decide what's best for you. It should not be a hard task, but be sure to check for a tutorial so you don't do something silly in hindsight.

Oh, since you say it's your first bike "ever", mind your P's and Q's. There is no commercial break when things get hairy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts