Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would welcome any comments about engine flushing additives. These are the type you add to the old oil and run for a while then drain off as normal with a new filter. Only thing I can think of is to drain 0.5 of a litre first so you don't over fill when you add the mixture

·
Demotivational Member
1,603 Posts
Transmission oil. It will clean your crankcase and will not hurt your seals.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Johnny,

Why are you considering a flushing additive? Has your bike had normal use with regular oil changes or has it been stored for years with old oil? In my experience most additives (fuel, oil, cooling system) are unneeded and potentially harmful. Caution.

Jeff in Colorado

·
Registered
442 Posts
I would welcome any comments about engine flushing additives. These are the type you add to the old oil and run for a while then drain off as normal with a new filter. Only thing I can think of is to drain 0.5 of a litre first so you don't over fill when you add the mixture
A good oil will already have the additives to do the job, adding more would only be looking for trouble. Remember, adding more additives leaves you with less oil.

Jerry
04 ST4s

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Johnny,

Why are you considering a flushing additive? Has your bike had normal use with regular oil changes or has it been stored for years with old oil? In my experience most additives (fuel, oil, cooling system) are unneeded and potentially harmful. Caution.

Jeff in Colorado
Yep normal use with yearly oil change -I was looking to see if I could do things better. Looks like I should leave well alone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts