Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, few years ago I imported desmo from states. Was sold through auction as vandalized, but turned out that it had blown timing gear. It coused 2 bent horizontal intake valves. After engine rebuild I faced a problem, engine does not want to rev over 6-7k. Fitted wideband to vertical and horizontal exhaust. AFR seems to be fine till 6k then it start to jump over 20.0(same happens and to vertical and horizontal cylinders) what is very lean. So then I:
1. Changed fuel pump and filter
2. Air temp sensor
3. Spark plugs
4. rpm sensor
5. Inspected injectors
6. Reset tps
7. Did ignition coil self testing
8. Double checked cam timing (centerline 113,5) strange thing that I had to turn horizontal intake cam by one tooth, to get it into proper position.
9. Timing marks at trigger wheel double checked
10. Ecu reflashed (thought maybe previous owner uploaded custom map for E85)
Nothing helped so far. Maybe someone has any ideas?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are you able to access the injector tables? I think you need to see why it seems to be commanding it lean at that RPM. An E85 map will be richer in these areas, can you re-load that map to see if it helps?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ecu was reflashed with facotory racing exhaust fuel map. I do not have equipment to see the fuel table. Also borrowed stock ecu. Tried to ride bike with it, but without lambda sensor. Engine check light was on and still it didn't want to rev. Dont think that absence of lambda would effect that much.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm am not a Ducati ECU expert so forgive me here. I thought I read somewhere that they need a reading from the Lambda or it's basically a limp mode. That might be what's going on when you rev it. I would start with installing the sensors. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm am not a Ducati ECU expert so forgive me here. I thought I read somewhere that they need a reading from the Lambda or it's basically a limp mode. That might be what's going on when you rev it. I would start with installing the sensors. Hopefully someone else can chime in.
figured out it was exup valve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts