Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if anyone knows the specifics of the engine upgrades between the 03' 999 and the 05' 999. i know the 05 has the previous 999s motor... i know its got different oiling, thats not really what i'm thinking about. I would like to have the extra 13 hp the 05' has on my 03. I was wondering if i could drop a set of 05' or 999s cams and ECU in my bike, and if that would make the change.
Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
its the same

i might be wrong but i thought they just changed he way that they measured hp. (and weight)

check out http://www.moto-one.com.au and the service dept performance book to see the difference. ie not much

·
Registered
38 Posts
Fox said:
I would like to know if anyone knows the specifics of the engine upgrades between the 03' 999 and the 05' 999. i know the 05 has the previous 999s motor... i know its got different oiling, thats not really what i'm thinking about. I would like to have the extra 13 hp the 05' has on my 03. I was wondering if i could drop a set of 05' or 999s cams and ECU in my bike, and if that would make the change.
Thanks

The 05's have the 999s deep sump engine and ohlins suspension.
More Hp and a better suspension.
I was considering doinf the same thing as far as upgrading but I don't think it is worth the money, as far as TTL.
us 03 999 owners should be able to get the same hp with some mods to Exh. and pc3 w/Ducati performance air filter. go to Arcfabrications.com and check out some of there custom Exh. I think I'm going to go with the stainless steel w/quick change baffles, $950, when they get them ready. I can't wait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts