Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the track today and the motor began to loose power and it finally cut out two turns later. I coasted to a stop and it would not restart. I pushed it back to the pits and discovered a blown fuse next to the battery.
It was the 20 amp on the bottom. I traced the wires and found that they had burnt through on the steel fan shroud. I crimped on some butt connectors and taped them up (field surgery).
The bike started right up and the fuse was fine but know it runs like shit. All lumpy, like its running on one cylinder. Any suggestions? Is it possible the short toasted the sensor?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I popped the fuse on the water temp sensor. Is it possible I need I need a dash reset of some kind?

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
The dash has no connection with the bike running properly.

The 20 amp fuse is usually the starter motor or generator fuse, which would make sense. I'll have to give more details on what cables fried. Normally they're just alternator cables which go boom and short out. You can try unplugging the alternator entirely, the bike should run OK if you've got 12v or more in the battery. If it doesn't run better with the alternator unplugged, just make sure all your fuses are in tact. Sometimes one short will blow up many fuses.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to go through all my fuses again. The set in the headlight bucket are all good and the two in the battery tray are good.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All fuses good.
Ran dash diagnostic, flashed 11.1
(ground to power supply on vertical coil?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts