Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am almost ready to reassemble my 749 and I am wondering I can fab some tools.

I need to fab a stand to start assembling the casings and heads and also an engine turning tool.

I was wondering if someone has some pictures diagrams measurements or suggestions on how I can do this ??? I can easily get some parts welded for the stand and have access to a lathe/mill if necessary for the engine turning tool.

thanks,
Migrane.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on folks ! :) Surely some of you have tinkered with your engines and must have used something to get those things back together ?!?!

:think:

Migrane

·
Registered
90 Posts
The engine turning tool is ridiculously easy to make, the Haynes manual covers making one, and the engine stand is something that is next on my list, I plan on making an adapter for my rotating automobile engine stand, I'll post some pics of it when it's complete.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Mr Brewmaster, quite a neet setup. I see you live up to your name in that picture with the beer on the chair :)

SF

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now we'r talkin folks !!! I just eyed a car engine stand that allows for rotation so I think I am going to go the route of building an adaptor for that one and see how that works ... Interesting mounting points you folks have chosen since as far as I can gather from the sketchy pics in the workshop manual the factory stand is using the two holes that are used to mount the engine to the frame ...

We'll see what happens.

keep'em coming

Migrane.

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
snip- Interesting mounting points you folks have chosen since as far as I can gather from the sketchy pics in the workshop manual the factory stand is using the two holes that are used to mount the engine to the frame ...

Migrane.
Most of what has been shown here reflects the need to have maximum clearance around the motor, so mounting with the top and bottom holes may create interference if you wish to leave it connected and mount your exhaust, etc. The minimalist stands seem to work the best, but as you sound like you prefer to move it around and rotate, you may have to go from the back and not worry bout the other stuff?

Good Luck with it!

DT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts