Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: paulmm600

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have met and talk to him several times over the last few years. This year when I talked to him at cota, he seem “off”. I just figured he was having memories of his brother and the new “Hayden Hill”, but now it seems to all come full circle. :|

Attachments

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Crazy timing, this post. I found this photo literally five minutes ago posted on American Flat Track's FB page earlier today. Nicky getting ready to ride a Lloyd Bros flat tracker. Interesting photo on it's own but, then I notice the crew man. I am 99.98% sure it's my buddy David Gamble. Worked with him at Tasman Motorsport and then Team Rahal. Before either of those, I knew him because he did the first valve check on the SP3. Anyhow, time flies by whether we like it or not.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Tommy, Nicky and Roger swept the podium at the Springfield TT dirt-track race, the only time brothers have taken every spot on a Grand National podium and a magical piece of American racing history.
Needing a pic of this podium. A great racing family they are. ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Holy smoke. Roger (Lee) grew up on us. American motorcycle racing royalty. Full stop.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Crazy timing, this post. I found this photo literally five minutes ago posted on American Flat Track's FB page earlier today. Nicky getting ready to ride a Lloyd Bros flat tracker. Interesting photo on it's own but, then I notice the crew man. I am 99.98% sure it's my buddy David Gamble. Worked with him at Tasman Motorsport and then Team Rahal. Before either of those, I knew him because he did the first valve check on the SP3. Anyhow, time flies by whether we like it or not.

Was that at the Indy mile in ‘08? I was there for Motogp and we went to the dirt races that sat. And Nicky announced he was extending his contract with Ducati. He ran a few laps that night, but I thought he was on Pegram’s bike.

Anyways. Cool pic. Great family.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I can't say when/where it was. I can say with near-certainty that it is Mr. Gamble, he's wearing a Lloyd Bros crew shirt, it's one of their bikes he's holding, it has Nicky's # on it, and it is Nicky getting ready (or appearing to) get aboard it.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Confirmed by the man himself, Mr. Gamble told me that that photo is difficult to look at now. Wonderful day/event that he'll cherish forever but, to know that Nicky's gone is hard to accept.

Time flies by, to be sure. So, that there will be no more Hayden bros racing was/is to be expected, eventually. You sometimes forget or lose track of time. Now it's here, and we're all wondering where time went. At least Roger and Tommy got to make that decision for themselves.

Reactions: MTSBoom

·
Registered
364 Posts
Confirmed by the man himself, Mr. Gamble told me that that photo is difficult to look at now. Wonderful day/event that he'll cherish forever but, to know that Nicky's gone is hard to accept.

Time flies by, to be sure. So, that there will be no more Hayden bros racing was/is to be expected, eventually. You sometimes forget or lose track of time. Now it's here, and we're all wondering where time went. At least Roger and Tommy got to make that decision for themselves.
:smile2: nice. And yes, hard to look at the pics. :crying:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts