Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to convert Google Drive image URL's so that they render when using the site's image tags?

Not looking to embed the link, looking to make it work the way I use dropbox.

thx!

·
Administrator
11,957 Posts
No sadly Google has deliberately made the URL(s) change so any attempt to embed doesn't last. I switched to Smugmug just because of that.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sadly Google has deliberately made the URL(s) change so any attempt to embed doesn't last. I switched to Smugmug just because of that.
Thx Scott. Bummer. I just got a Google phone and one of the benefits is you get unlimited google drive space. Was going to pivot off dropbox and onto Gdrive for photos, but that isn't going to work for here. :-(

·
Administrator
11,957 Posts
Thx Scott. Bummer. I just got a Google phone and one of the benefits is you get unlimited google drive space. Was going to pivot off dropbox and onto Gdrive for photos, but that isn't going to work for here. :-(

I am thinking since it is free and unlimited that you should upload some photos and try posting them in the Test Forum to see what happens over a few days. Maybe success will prevail :)

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I think I figured it out.

• First you have to go to google photos (not drive)
  • Open your photo
  • Hit the share icon and create a link
  • Then go here: https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/
  • Copy link into dialog box and hit 'Generate Code'
  • Go to bottom of page and copy the 'Direct Link (URL)' link
  • Past that between the image tags...

Success. A giant PITA, but success

·
Registered
342 Posts
Finally I'm free of Photobucket!...although it's easier to search through a few hundred photos instead of tens of thousands...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts