Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after much deliberating and searching, pouring over pictures and articles and going to see as many real bikes as possible, I’ve decided that my first Ducati single will be a 200 Elite.
The combination of engine size, the jelly mould tank, rarity, historical significance and the overall perfection of the design just won me over.

So now I’m hoping the folks out here could direct me to the best sources for information about these bikes.
Before I even consider trying to find an actual bike to buy I want to learn as much about them as I can so I can be as educated as possible about it.
Books, articles, web sites, firsthand experience, it’s all good and I’m looking forward to working my way through all of it in order to get myself up to speed on them.

jimi

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an elite and all kinds of magazine articles (both period and recent), parts books, etc., on the elite. I would be happy to send pdf's of what I have - just send me your contact info at [email protected]. Here is a link to an article about my elite that was in the Kansas City paper last week. It was done to help promote a local motorcycle show. Let me know what questions I can answer - I've had my elite since 1997.

·
Banned
197 Posts
Great story servin! Great bike as well! My mini collection used to be in the living room but I have since moved and have no living room for them anymore:(

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
200 Elite

Servin, I'm trying to gather the missing bits for a 250GT. I have the right side, swan neck,I'm missing the clutch side swan neck. Would you sell me your swan necks you took off your 200 Elite? if you don't need them,or anything you need from me? Capt. Paul

·
Registered
32 Posts
captpaul - I would be happy to, but I traded them for some other parts I wanted when I first got the elite. Sorry. I'll keep an eye out for some swan necks, though. I did see some on ebay a while back. I'll try to get in touch with the person I traded mine to - he may still have them!

Sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts