Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Tried searching but could not find anything. Has anyone tried this electronic ignition for ducati singles 450 electronic ignition.
Are they any good?
Also has anyone converted there ducati from 6v to 12v? What's all involved in doing this? Or is it a matter of getting the correct regulator 6v to 12v.
I like to change to 12v and upgrade all lighting to 12v.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have a Sachse system on my 81 MHR and it works well and was an easy installation. They make 6V and 12V systems for the 450, link below. Why do you want to go to 12V? Going up means all your wiring will be fine as the amps will be less for the same load at higher voltage. I'm not sure about your alternator and regulator. You may need to get 12V coils or add ballast resistors to drop the coil voltages to 6V. If there are any relays on your bike then you will probably need to change them to 12V ones.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
The Sachse system is very highly rated and will definitely improve the engine running. Another option is the complete ignition/120 watt alternator package from Electrex World in the UK, which takes care of everything in one go.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Tried searching but could not find anything.
How about?
W/C Digital CDI Ign. & Alternator Kit [EL-09080] - £295.00 : Lacey Ducati, Parts & Spares for Ducati Bevel Single & Twin Engines

]Has anyone tried this electronic ignition for ducati singles 450 electronic ignition. Are they any good?
Ducati Vintage Store is the former Amici dello Scrambler. They - that is Maurizio - knows his stuff. You can be reasonably confident, IME.

Also has anyone converted there ducati from 6v to 12v? What's all involved in doing this? Or is it a matter of getting the correct regulator 6v to 12v. I like to change to 12v and upgrade all lighting to 12v.
A much discussed topic over at Motoscrubs, Motoscrubs.com - Index page

·
Registered
354 Posts
Best option is the Electrex-World kits (Nigel Lacy sells in UK or Malcome at Syd's in FL) Gets 12vreliable charging and bright, usable lights and ignition in one setup - comes with everything, you just need a new Horn, and a cpl 12V bulbs - (Moto-Guzzi came with the exact same looking horn as a Ducati Single only in 12v)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the great info and help. I want to up grade to electronic ignition because by the sounds of it it's more reliable plus I am upgrading all lights to 12v. More selection with 12v lights and aftermarket products.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts