Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just took off my fairings for the first time to install the taiddan garage remote. while i was working, once in a while, there would be this buzz/crackling sounding near the horn - right side of the bike. it comes every once in a while and lasts for about a second.

i commute with the bike daily so i haven't noticed any battery drain issues, but i wonder what it is?

almost sounds like something is discharged overtime and has to re-energize. as long as it doesnt lead to a battery leak, i should be ok. but just curious.

'05 999

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Did you have you mobile phone near at the time cause that can somtimes encourage a noise through the static that it creates.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ducati2242 said:
Did you have you mobile phone near at the time cause that can somtimes encourage a noise through the static that it creates.
nah.. no phone near. bike off.. key out.. happens every 5 or 10 minutes.

something is cycling periodically.. not that faint either, but then again, i never heard it with the fairings on. oh well. just weird.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Could it be the weird wheezing sound that comes from the gas tank when the heat from the engine heats the tank, and the vapors expand? My ST2 always makes those weird sounds when I park it in my garage.

SpiderSense said:
i just took off my fairings for the first time to install the taiddan garage remote. while i was working, once in a while, there would be this buzz/crackling sounding near the horn - right side of the bike. it comes every once in a while and lasts for about a second.

i commute with the bike daily so i haven't noticed any battery drain issues, but i wonder what it is?

almost sounds like something is discharged overtime and has to re-energize. as long as it doesnt lead to a battery leak, i should be ok. but just curious.

'05 999

1 - 4 of 4 Posts