Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased one of these as a replacement for a previously fried 99" vintage Electrix regulator from a reputable dealer in California.

The first thing I notice is that the regulator is pysically larger than befor and that the heat sink does not fit anymore. The only information that the dealer could provide is that the units are better than befor and that he's sold hundreads without complaint.

Is anyone running the current ESR510 on an early vintage 916 without the heat sink? Is the newer one that much better that it doesn't need the heat sink?

thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Heat sink

It looks as though the unit has it's own heat sink, fins and all that. To run with no heat sink at all is a sure fire melt down. As for your mounting issues
how about getting an aluminum plate and fabricate a mount that fits correctly. Bolt the plate to the bike and then mount the regulator to the plate? The plate would also serve as an additional heat sink.
Sorry I could not help more. Good luck. I have a 916 also.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'm already working on the plate. Just wanted to know if anyone else noticed the same issues.

·
Registered
23 Posts
ya, i've just fried mine, but i wouldn't mount it in the same position again, esp. without the heat shield... it isn't a plate to dissappate heat, rather a plate to shield heat from the 'zorst pipe...

i'm putting mine in the RHS air ram... hopefully never fry another one... i'll be mounting it within the next day or so, so if you like, i'll take some piccies for ya..

D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts