Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Hyper Folk. Is there anyone here who has direct experience of the Eletraeon quick-action throttle installed on an HM1100?
I've just scored an Ebay auction item and am wondering how this is going to improve my life?

Your opinionated opinions will be very welcome.

·
Registered
143 Posts
For some real fun install it along with a 14T countershaft sprocket & drop 6lbs off the flywheel, install a full termi exaust & loose the stock airbox replace it with twin velocity stacks, dyno it with a good programmer then call your lawyer to see if your retainer with him has anything leftover from the last brilliant idea

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
For some real fun install it along with a 14T countershaft sprocket & drop 6lbs off the flywheel, install a full termi exaust & loose the stock airbox replace it with twin velocity stacks, dyno it with a good programmer then call your lawyer to see if your retainer with him has anything leftover from the last brilliant idea

Enjoy
At this point you might as well put the good old DP racing cams and the cams ECU.
Heck, throw a ported head job in the mix :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
I tried the cam thing with 12:1 pistons & headwork COMPLETLY RUINED IT! pulled out the big bad cams reinstalled the stock hypermotard cams with the 12:1 pistons & headwork MUCH better all the big cams did was move the tourqe curve up from 2500 to 6500 rpm (stock) to 4000 8000 rpm (crotch rocket worthless) taking all the arm yanking honest street riding fun out of it.
Yes 1st gear is useless 2nd is dangerous 3rd is wheelie city 4th 5th & 6th are used for rpm correction depending on your ground speed & it will only go 100mph BUT it gets there & back faster than a YZF450

Oh another thing it eats rear tires every 1500 to 2000 miles depending on how aggressive you twist the throttle on or off

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input Chaps. The little widget arrived yesterday and I will strap it on as soon as I get some downtime.

·
Registered
Ducati S4R - 996
10 Posts
This is the first time i see it, let me know how it works. Does it go un throttle body? or go in the throttle control?

·
Registered
143 Posts
On one of my hypermotard's I installed a throttle tube from a Yamaha R1 it's 42mm in diameter instead of the Ducati 38mm at the time I was doing stealth performance improvements the avarage Joe could not see or find that big red anodized throttle cam sticks out like wetting yourself in tan pants

·
Registered
Ducati S4R - 996
10 Posts
I understand your joke and sarcasm. If I have well understood, this red thing is just a way to modify the response of the throttle making it more rapid in the initial angle and flattening the response at the maximum rotation. It is just a way to make you feel the bike more responsive because you think you are accelerating a little but in reality your are accelerating a lot. It is not a really improvement in performance, it is just a different response of the throttle.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Correct
You can do the same thing by changing the diameter of the throttle tube for a 'stealth' mod nobody can see.

But if your into red anodized objects that fade after time in the sunlight........carry on

·
Registered
Ducati S4R - 996
10 Posts
Now I understand your previous post, I am using google translate so maybe I have bad translated it, especially the part about Joe and the tan pants. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts