Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Over the last several months, Ducati fans have been pouring over a number of spy photos and debating whether the new model pictured was a Hypermotard or a Multistrada. The answer, it turns out, is a bit of both, with Ducati revealing the new Hyperstrada at the 2012 EICMA Show alongside a new liquid-cooled Hypermotard.

Like the new Hypermotard, the 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada is equipped with an 821cc version of the 848′s liquid-cooled Testastretta 11-degree engine. Like the Hypermotard, the Hyperstrada offers ABS and traction control as well as three ride modes: Sport (claiming 108 hp), Touring (also claiming 108 hp) and Urban (74 hp).

What’s different about the Hyperstrada is its more touring-oriented features. The Hyperstrada comes with a touring screen for better wind protection, center stand, longer mudguards, engine sump guard, two auxiliary outlets and 50 liter quick-detach saddlebags (a 31 liter top case is available as an accessory for more storage.) The Hyperstrada’s handlebars are also 20mm higher than those on the Hypermotard, improving comfort for longer journeys.

More: EICMA 2012: New Ducati Hyperstrada a Cross between Hypermotard and Multistrada on Motorcycle.com

For more 2012 EICMA coverage, visit Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
106 Posts
Huh looks like the mini me version of my multi. Wonder how many people are interested in this type of bike?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm very interested

2004 998sFE
2008 Hypermotard 1100s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts