Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How annoying, I've never touched that little plug so I don't know how it loosened up. Its a M10x1.0 by about 10mm deep, looks like hardened steel. I've found a few bolts on the internet that would fit, and since today was a holiday our best commercial local nutz and boltz shop was closed so I will wait until tomorrow to order something after checking with them. Brake banjo bolts and UJoint zirc fittings are also in this size.

I will call Ducati of Omaha tomorrow to see what they say.

1991 900SS stock header.

It's quite the popping ripping loud bike with that plug out!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Absolutely shocked my local dealer had a pair in stock - the two plug pack PN is 78010091A They look like they fit, I will try it when the bike cools off!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once and a while lol

Reactions: RockAZ and Punch

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Funny, the Ducati guy said the same thing, non metric bolt on a Ducati?
Surprising, but not terribly. Lots of emissions and safety devices are born of American requirements and if a manufacturer wants to sell here, they need to meet them. Probably a CARB requirement for periodic emissions testing back in the day.

Another weird one is automotive seatbelt bolts. Universally, world wide, they're 7/16-20 because it was the standard set for crash test ratings in the US.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
usually after 29 years those plugs would have almost welded themselves in.
They appear to be some sort of brass, very clean threads on the port that launched its plug. I stole one from my 95 and it was clean too...

Arizona climate is very easy on parts like these I think, average 6% humidity where these bikes are from but often lower than that.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
yeah, the early ones were brass. were the replacements brass? the number eric gave is what i usually get, and they're stainless. they stick good without the silver anti seize.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Beve
Funny, the Ducati guy said the same thing, non metric bolt on a Ducati?
Bevel Duc GT's have SAE thread bolts on the foot rests. Ducati is just making sure we are paying attention.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts