Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ducati Hypermotard 821 SP
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, i wanted to know what were the tuning option for our bike? (Im from the car world .... i dont know if thats how you call it for motorbike)

So i noticed the bike doesnt "run" great on low rpm and found out that ducati has bad A/F ratio on low rpm/idle.

My bike have a termi slip-on and aftermarket air filter.

So what are the option available?
In my experience (from car) "of the shelf map" arent too good. Is this also true for bikes? Im looking for as much info as possible. Correct me if im wrong but i heard that the stock ecu can be tuned ? Or you can use PCV (PowerComander5?)

Thanks.

Edit : im mostly interested about solving the bad air fuel ratio on the bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi. I've got an 1100S , so this may not apply! Yes the ECU's can be re written. Not sure if it can 'on the fly' ie when youre at the dyno place or whether it needs to be sent away ( eg Rexxer). Obviously a PC plus dyno tuning will be good too. If yours has the stock ECU and has more airflow ( which I assume it will- not all pipes/filters do), then it'll be pretty lean. Not sure if there are FatDuc's for your bike.

·
Registered
2013 Ducati Hypermotard 821 SP
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. I've got an 1100S , so this may not apply! Yes the ECU's can be re written. Not sure if it can 'on the fly' ie when youre at the dyno place or whether it needs to be sent away ( eg Rexxer). Obviously a PC plus dyno tuning will be good too. If yours has the stock ECU and has more airflow ( which I assume it will- not all pipes/filters do), then it'll be pretty lean. Not sure if there are FatDuc's for your bike.
So with only a PC i could go dyno and solve those issue? Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd say 'yes'.Without a dyno , you have no idea about air/fuel ratio's etc.I'd check first to see if they could re map your existing ECU.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts